"I showed up when her boyfriend was leaving. I wasn't even trying to flirt, I just wanted her to feel better." he admitted, almost humiliated at the instance.

"All the way from Bicheon? Sheesh." Jeno pursed his lips together, aware that the drive wasn't an easy one. Jisung kept quiet knowing the truth behind Minseo's identity, unwilling to sell her out.

"Yeah, what a good boyfriend, I know." Hyuck's tone laced with obvious sarcasm.

Jaemin looked at him with empathy, softening his gaze as he saw through his cold front. "You could've just texted her you were outside- a good boyfriend would still allow her to see you." he cracked a small smile.

His eyes lowered at his friend's sympathy, almost annoyed at the pity.

A good boyfriend, why am I even lying?

"It'd be real awkward if I showed up right after their supposed heated make out session." he bluntly got off his chest, making the room fall silent.

The messiness of his hair, the undone zipper- that damned strawberry lipgloss roughly smeared on his face that he knew all too well from staring at the lips he knew he could never touch.

He couldn't decipher whether it was envy or heartbreak, but he knew it was a feeling that made his stomach churn in the most discomforting way. It made him wanna spark a fire and throw it to the closest thing next to him, raging like the fury built up in his chest.

"I mean, he can't be that great of a dude. There has to be something wrong with him." Chenle shrugged.

As much as he wanted to believe it, he couldn't help but think he was just psychoanalyzing, painting him as the antagonist in his head because of his undeniable feelings towards her.

After all, she still says she loves him.

"He's smart, top of his class, six foot. This guy has everything I don't."

Renjun's eyebrows raised in surprise. "Six foot, that's tough." he mumbled quietly.

Jisung rolled his eyes, recalling all the times Minseo would cry to him and Seorin about the 'perfect boyfriend' they all claim him to be. "We both know he treats her like shit, she's just too blind to get that through her head." he grumbled.

"That's why she's at Seorin's house in the first place, this girl hates her relationship." he added, shrugging his shoulders as he texted back his girlfriend. Although the words were harsh, he still felt the sympathy they held through his cold tone.

"You're better than him in every way, Minseo's just too attached."

They resonated in his head, his emotions in a game of tug of war. Of course he's heard his fair share of questionable things Seongbin had done to her, even comforted her as a shoulder to cry on.

Yet, at the end of the day, they're still together for a reason— right?

If we were meant to be, we would've been by now.

The sound of his phone ringing brought him out of his thoughts, head tilting at the sudden call.

INCOMING CALL
minseo :)
ACCEPT | DECLINE

His expression was surprised after receiving some sort of contact from her after dozens of unread messages. Minseo had been unresponsive, ignoring not just him, but everyone in their group.

"Hello?" he spoke, the confidence in his voice suddenly gone.

"Put it on speaker!" Chenle giggled, leaning onto his shoulder to get a better listen. Hyuck rolled his eyes as everyone gathered, tearing it away from his ear to let it ring from the speaker.