A Favor

Danny POV

" W-War? The fuck do you mean a war?" She sighed and fixed her glasses on her face.

" I'd prefer if you didn't curse at me but I sure do hope you know what a war means." I scoff and start to get frustrated. What war? I mean sure I left a while ago but if there is a war going on right now, that means it started as soon as I left. I am extremely worried that this "war" has something to do with Kaneki. 

" Well um, the ghouls in our ward as well as the CCG. The CCG put two and two together about Kaneki's death and they wanted to keep it secret. The 23rd Ward was already in an uproar when they found out about Kaneki's death and I am assuming they wanted to hide this information from them because they didn't want what's happening right now, to happen." 

I face palmed and fell back on the floor. Why, in gods name, does it have to be us. 

You're a pain in the ass you know that?

He chuckled in my head and sighed. 

I'm just full of surprises aren't I?

"  Somehow, the information about you got to the 23rd ward and ghouls are not happy. They don't want to kill you but they want you to ' come home'. Of course you have enemies there because Kaneki was a psycho path but that's not the point. Ghouls are KILLING CCG members way more than usual. They have basically come out of hiding since hearing this information about you. "

I sit back up and give her a look she knows all to well. There is no way in hell that I am going back to Japan. 

" I don't think you understand what you're saying. Let's assume I go back to Japan for a second. What the hell would I be going back there to do?" She shrugs and takes a drink of water while looking at me. 

I squint my eyes at her and sigh. 

" You're an idiot. I have never wanted to punch you more in my entire existence knowing you." 

She chuckles and I smile a little. 

" Danny, I think the reason why they're so upset is because they think you're dead. After this whole war started, Kaneki would've been at the front of it and everyone knows that. They probably think that the CCG found you right when you got the surgery, and killed you to prevent the same thing happening again. I don't know what you should do but you have to do something." I just not my head ready to end the conversation. I am not prepared to do anything that Kaneki did after he changed. He was an advocate for both sides. 

I am not strong enough to stand in front of people that hate my kind and fight. I can't do that. I could barely even fight when I was tortured for days on end. Even at the very end, I only fought because I lost control. 

I can admit, it does make me feel nice knowing that people want to see me and want to help me fight a war  but I can't. 

" Alright Danny don't decide right now. You look like you're gonna die by how much you're thinking. Lets just sleep it off." I nod my head and put my head on his shoulder. I breathe in his scent and smile. 

" Oh, also, forgot to mention this, I am going to attending school with you until you make a decision." 

I whip my head towards Carlisle and when he nods my mouth slacks. I face palm again to the point that it really hurts and sigh. 

Here we fucking go.

*time skip*

I groan as I look at my watch. We're going to be so late for school.