86.

"Ugh! Why the fuck is you still here?" I asked him as he was laid out on my bed with his hands in his pants.

"I'm waiting on your dude." He said yawning and I rolled my eyes feeling kinda worried because in the midst of me getting ready in the bathroom, Harlem had texted me saying he was on the way.

"I don't even wanna do this with you today."

"Is this the same nigga my niece be talkin' bout?" He asked giving base to his voice and I rolled my eyes. "Roll em' again and watch me remove em'."

"Boo bye, nobody is worried about you."

"Answer my question? Why you bringing random niggs around my niece." I played with my fingers not knowing what to say. I knew he wasn't going anywhere and it was a disaster waiting to happen. I picked up the phone to call Harlem and cancel because I could feel the headache but it was a knock on the door. Night got up before grabbing his gun swiftly out his waist and I tried running after him in my heels. I grabbed on to his pants buckle, trying to pull him back.

"Night, Don't do that, please. I won't even go, please." I was literally begging him because unlike other people, he could really shoot someone in the face and get away with it. That's just how connected he was.

"Gimme one good reason, G-gimmie one good reason I won't blow you and this nigga head off. Move away from this do' fo' I slang ya' lil ass."

"Why you keep doing this to me." I started balling as I moved out his way and he swung the door open.

"Uh, did I come at a wrong time."

"Maybe another time Harlem, I'm sorry-"

"The fuck you apologizing to this nigga for? She not single so stop pullin' up on my bitch. She not up for grabs."

"Fuck what you saying, aye you good?" Harlem said dismissing Night as he tried to grab my hand and night interfered putting a gun to his head making him pause his movement.

"What I just say." "Ari get the fuck back in the house." He said pushing me back and I almost fell in my heels. I wanted so bad to disappear, everything was so embarrassing. I just knew Harlem was never coming around.

"Ya hea' me?"

"Yeah you got that, I'll see you Ari." He said giving me a look that could kill, leaving from my steps.  Night stood on the porch watching him leave. I looked at him and hatred for him grew but I knew my love for him could out weigh the bad.

"Please don't tell me you crying cause of that nigga." He said uncovering my hands from my face.

"What do you want from me Night."

"A restart, a second chance. That's all I want, I'll be a goofy to just let you go that quick. I needa prove myself to you, I promise you all I need." I sniffled shaking my head as I walked away from him and he followed behind me, pulling me into his chest, he got down to my height.

"Stop cryin..." he mumbled, pecking my lips. "You said it yourself, you miss me."

"I do but I don't see you ever the same after all the shit you done put me through. I'll be so dumb to take you back."

"And I wanna prove you wrong! Fuck them. imma block every nigga from even coming in contact with you till' I get you back. That's on my child foreal." I stayed silent, not knowing what to say. At the point in my life, I didn't believe old night would ever come back.

"Say something."

"I don't know what to say." He smacked his lips looking stressed and he stood up, checking his pants for his keys and leaving out the door. I really just wanted to be happy in my life but I truly wasn't. If only I had my best friend and my lover in my life, life would be a whole lot smoother. But things had changed in his attitude and he no longer treated me like the women he claimed to love so much. I could never lower my standards to accommodate a man who still treated me like shit.