Chapter 9: Night Raid and Another painful lost....

[Age: 16]

Y/N'S POV

I was in the Capital, doing recon around each of the cities of the whole Empire.

As usual, I had my long blue coat with 4 tattered tails, furry hood and long sleeves covering my whole arm. Black cargo pants with blue outlines and black combat boots with chains, with the hood hiding my face.

And currently I was using Soul sight. Looking into people's souls. This ability. I'm slowly getting the hang of it. Though it proves to be difficult when sensing a lot of negativity in the air but I'll push through.

It has been months now, since I met Seryu.

I was now 16 years old. Time sure does fly fast,

Sometimes if I have time, I always do some sightseeing around the areas where Seryu constantly patrols on and because of that, we always bump into each other.

We only see each other once a week because both of us are quite busy.

I manage to learn more about her. Apparently her parents were gone now. I don't know the reason for I didn't asked for all she said that they died but how.

I felt bad for her as I gave her a comforting hug like what she did to me before.

But her Father was also the reason why she believes in Justice, that the evil must be punished. But all of her punishment consists of killing them. Even with just little crimes like stealing food, she kills them. Which is why I had a talk with her.

That killing isn't always the answer, give those people a chance to change, for life in the Empire was hard as they had to take drastic measures to live. But if not, it'll be only pointless when delivering the so-called justice ended up being false.

That got her to be confused and to think a lot about it. She argued with me a little about it but in the end took my words into her thoughts. Well it's a start.

I look at the streets of Capital city. It was crowded but not a problem for an agile Assassin like me. I had my Abysser knives and Illuminances hidden in my coat while I stored my other weapons in a special place.

I swerved left and right dodging people that were about to bump into me. Some even tried it on purpose it they ended up tripping and I happen to disappear from their sight before they could cause trouble.

Well I used my illusions for that, turning into seemingly anyone. I really loved this ability.

Anyway, I was on my way back on Booknight to buy more books. I am getting so bored reading the same thing over and over again. Especially the first book I bought, I couldn't understand a single about it but it felt like it's important.

As I entered the shop, I saw the green haired store clerk.

Lubbock: Hey, if it isn't my favorite customer!

He exclaimed as I removed my hood.

Y/n: I'm pretty sure, I'm your only customer.

I said as he fell back off his chair with a loud thud.

Lubbock: Not cool dude.

I just shrugged at him as I went to the bookshelves.

I always come here once or twice a week, looking through books that are interesting to read but mostly it concerns with Light vs Dark stories.

The Store clerk who I learn his name to be Lubbock, is the only one I see working here, of course I haven't forgotten that he's friends with an Assasin.