I checked the clock on my nightstand. "It's seven thirty in the morning. On a Sunday." Does this boy ever sleep? 

          "You have a lot more training to do." His easy smile faltered for a second. Okay, I'll train. Why is he being so serious about it? I unravelled myself from my bedsheets and stood up. Connor's eyes noticeably trailed down my body, turning a darker shade of green as he took in my appearance. I flushed. I forgot that I wore not so conservative clothing to bed last night. Hey, I was warm! I tugged at my lace booty-shorts, trying to make them longer.  

          He flicked his eyes back up to mine, and gave me a sheepish smile. "I'll just get dressed then?" I said, making it sound more like a question. 

          He nodded. "I'll meet you downstairs." I couldn't help staring at his retreating form as he walked out of my room. I quickly brushed my teeth and hair, changed into shorts and a T-shirt, and stuffed a knapsack filled with extra clothes. 

          Connor was downstairs as he said, leaning against the kitchen counter. He poured himself a bowl of cereal, holding the box out to me. 

          "Want some?" I nodded, our fingers brushing against each other as I took the box. The familiar electricity ran up my arm, making a breathless sound come from my lips. Connor swallowed a mouthful of cereal, pretending not to notice. Though I saw a corner of his mouth turn up when he thought I wasn't watching. I looked around the first floor. The whole ground level was trashed; furniture was upside down, cups and unmentionable liquids were all over the floor, the stereo in the living room was still playing a low staticky sound. 

          "It's a mess in here," I frowned in disgust. I hope Connor didn't think we were all slobs. 

          He took another bite of his cereal, and smoothed out the creases on my forehead with his thumb. "It was fun though." 

          I grinned up at him. "Really?" He nodded, letting out a chuckle. It was still pretty early in the morning; I didn't see anyone up and walking around. 

          I reached for his hand. "Let's go train."

                     I scowled, using my fingers to untangle the grass from my hair.

          "You did a lot better this time," Connor said, trying to sound encouraging. He was walking at my side, his hands jammed in the pockets of his shorts. After two hours of training, I had given up for the day. I plucked another weed from my nest of hair. I really need a mirror.  

          "I  don't feel like I've made much progress," I admitted. And it was true; I wasn't getting any stronger.

        Connor reached his hand in my hair, pulling out more grass. "You will. It takes longer than two sessions, you know." 

          "Hopefully not as long as this everlasting shower I'm taking as soon as we get back to the house." He sighed and shook his head at me, trying not to laugh. He pulled me to him, his arm resting around my shoulders. I leaned into him, now comfortable with the electric current surrounding us whenever we touched. It was weird, knowing that Connor was so cold towards me just days ago. I'm opening him up more and more. If only he would tell me about his past... 

          When we walked through the front doors of the pack house, people were awake and cleaning the ground floor. They looked embarrassed. I was, too. It was just my luck that the adults would come back early from their trip. 

          I was given shy hello's and head nods, while Connor just stared, keeping his mouth in that serious expression. I think people were afraid to talk to him-- the thought made me giggle. He raised an eyebrow at  my outburst, making me bite my lip to keep from laughing. Yeah, he doesn't really scare me. We started to pick up the empty cups and glass on the floor, when I heard my name being called. 

          I turned around. "Adrian!" I wiped my hands on a towel. Adrian, although rumpled and unkempt, was flashing a mega watt smile, his eyes bright as he wrapped an arm around the waist of a leggy blonde. Well I can guess what he did last night... 

          "How are you? I sort of lost you when the party got... you know, busted." The blonde looked me up and down, eyeing me with an expression that read 'steal him away from me, and we'll see what happens.' I almost rolled my eyes. 

          Connor laced his fingers with mine, and I smiled. "I'm fine. It was fun while it lasted." I looked up at Connor. 

          "Oh. Um, well, Kiara, this is Isabel Cornwall." Adrian introduced his leggy 'friend.' She pursed her lips, making it apparent on her face that she felt she was more important now that she's slept with Adrian. Same story, different girl. Wait. Cornwall? I've heard that name before. 

         I tilted my head. "Two Week Twin?" Connor let out a laugh, trying to cover it up as a cough. "No, wait, sorry. I didn't mean that. It's... Nice to meet you." I smiled at her, and she returned it with one of her own. It was toothy and looked sort of forced.

          I looked up at Connor. He had a slight smirk on his face, watching Isabel with an amused expression. I poked him in the ribs, and he mumbled out a 'Hello.' 

          Isabel kissed Adrian on the cheek. "Babe, I'm going to go find my sister. You'll call me?" Her voice was cheery and sort of squeaky. Adrian responded his affirmation, and she skipped off, her miniskirt lifting up along the way. 

          "What?" Adrian shrugged. "She's hot." I rolled my eyes. He shook his head. 

           "Your dad's really mad at me," he blurted. "I was supposed to keep tabs on you while he was gone." I gritted my teeth, annoyed. I didn't need to be watched! I was about to tell him off, when I was interrupted. 

          "She's not some dog," Connor snapped. Despite my frustration, I started to smile. "Uh, I mean... You know what I mean." He narrowed his eyes at Adrian. 

           Adrian crossed his arms, looking torn. "I just think you should talk to your dad, Keek."

          "And why should I? Seems like you've already talked to him for me." 

          He ran his hand over his face. "Kiara, this isn't about you! Things are bad..."  This got my attention. 

           "What's happening?" I asked quietly, not wanting the people around me to hear. I didn't want people panicking about pack drama. And I'll admit it, I was also scared to hear his answer. 

          "Hunters." 

           A fierce growl erupted from Connor's chest. Adrian and I snapped our heads around to look at him; people around us were also looking at him, wondering what caused his sudden outburst. He shrugged, as if it had just slipped out. But I noticed the rage in his eyes. 

___________________________________

Uh oh... Maybe they should stop partying... (NEVER!!!) 

What do you think of Adrian's new "girlfriend?" Lol don't you hate it when someone thinks their all that just because they're dating a hot guy? No? Maybe it's just me.

What is Connor going to do about the plan?! Can he go through with it?? Or is he finally accepting what he is??? O_0

Thanks to everyone voting/commenting I LOVE YOU PEOPLE!!!!

Sorry, I'm in a weird mood.

Anyways, don't forget to Fan/Vote/Comment and enjoy :)!