Chapter 16

Chapter 16

Song of the chapter is "Sweater Weather" by The Neighbourhood. 

Enjoy!

Kiara POV

"Connor, get the hell off of him!" Isabel screams for the third time, not seeming to make much of a difference considering both of them have been trying to beat the living squat out of each other for quite a while now.  

I've given up trying to tear them off of each other long ago, earning a few scrapes of my own from the now shattered coffee table. The pack house is filled now, settled with people trying to get a good view of the fight like it's some sort of wrestling match on TV. Some people even started to throw objects at them, egging them on even more. 

"Connor, please," I try again weakly, and being ignored once more. 

"-the fuck are you trying to do?" Adrian yells as he dodges one of Connor's hits to the jaw. 

Connor eyes avert to mine for just a second, but long enough so I can see the ferocious glint swirling in the green depths. He grabs Adrian's hair and hauls him up so that he can growl in his ear. 

"I told you if you crossed the friendship line I'd rip you apart."

It was low, and only meat for Adrian to hear. But the rage in his voice was enough to make it loud enough for Isabel and I to decipher, and I don't doubt that everyone else in the room heard it too. 

Now Isabel is getting pissed off, and no one understands that Adrian and I are just friends. Yeah, he was in love with me, but the point is that he only was. He's not anymore; He has Isabel now. 

"Adrian? What did you do with her?" she points to me, her voice raising an octive. Her silk, cornfield colored hair whips with her as she turns to me, eyes widened.

"Isabel, it's not-"

"You Bitch!" She charges me now, and I only have a second to think, I think she is going to throw something at me, and half a second to think, I should probably duck or something. 

An object hits the side of my head, not enough to leave a mark but enough to freaking hurt like hell. I scream in surprise as she picks up a vase from one of the display shelves and hurls it at my head. I duck just in time as it shatters against the wall. Is she trying to kill me? I spare a side glance at Connor who's still focused on punching Adrian.

Despite the angry blonde trying to murder me, I roll my eyes at him. Then I notice that Isabel is starting to yell at me.

"You just couldn't have one hot guy, huh? You had to have both!" What the hell is she even talking about? "What, did you sleep wtih him?"

The onlooking crowd "Ooh's" at her scene, and I've finally had it. 

"Everybody, SHUT THE FUCK UP!"

Silence. It's a beautiful thing, really. Everyone around us seems to halt completely, some people even staring at me with apprehension. Isabel, although looking annoyed, stops her screeching and keeps her hands clenched at her sides. Connor is staring at me, his eyes still narrowed and his fist  raised mid-punch. Adrian's eyes are widened in surprise and is sort of smiling a bit, which only makes me angrier. 

"Yeah, I cursed, get over it Adrian." His smile falters as he attempts to look serious. "And I'm only going to say this once: I did not sleep or will ever sleep with your goddamned boyfriend," I shoot a look at Isabel, who twirls a lock of her hair around her finger in embarrassment. "We don't have feelings for each other, even if my overly jealous mate refuses to believe that."