Chapter 26

A packed chapter for my lovely readers :) 

Next chapter should be up very soon, bear with me!! I've been doing so well, haven't I? 

Song of the chapter is "Over and Over Again" by Nathan Sykes 

Cute gif of Kiara below!

Please don't forget to Vote/Fan/Comment and enjoy :)

Chapter 26

Connor POV

The Alpha's large office doors shut with a loud click, and it echoed in the large room. I'd never seen his office before, so I took some time to look around before I sat down in one of the brown leather chairs in front of his desk. The room was fucking massive, with shelves that reached the ceiling covered in books and bound papers. 

The Alpha took a seat at his office chair. I looked like a kid being scolded by the principal or something. I almost laughed, but I wanted to look serious in front of the guy. He was Kiara's dad, and even though I'd been trained to hate his kind my whole life, I respected him. He earned it, believe it or not. He was a good leader. 

"Connor," he started, shuffling his papers around on his desk. "I wanted to talk to you about the situation we have at hand." Oh shit. Did he know? Was it time to come clean? My eyes narrowed on their own accord. But I stayed silent. "You love my daughter, no?" 

Well, that's not what I thought he was going to say. But as soon as he said those words, I felt a sense of relief wash over me. Because I did. I did love her. "Yes," I replied. "Very much, Sir." 

He seemed to ponder for a moment, looking up at me as he read over some more of his papers. Finally, he sighed. "Then I guess you should start calling me James." 

"Sir?" 

"No. James." 

I was fucking confused, as usual in this pack house. "James," I said slowly. 

"Good boy." This was almost comical, if I wasn't still so guarded. 

"Sir," I started. He gave me a pointed look. "Uh, James, what did you want to talk to me about?" 

Another sigh from the Alpha - excuse me, James - as he filed his papers away in his desk. I could see the Alpha position taking a toll on him, the recent threat of the hunters causing a lack of sleep around his eyes. You wouldn't notice unless you really looked at him up close. I wondered how he dealt with the stress.