F O R T Y O N E

Hannah C. Poland}•

I finally landed home in Cali and it felt good to be home since I've been in Italy for a week but it didn't feel like home because my home was whenever I was with him. "Hannah!" A familiar voice called as I turned to see T with a frown running to her she takes me in for a tight hug.

"Oh Hannah" she sighs stroking my hair as I cry onto her.

"I couldn't tell him there was so many times I could've and I didn't It would break his heart and he began talking about the future and-"

"Shh hey I'm here everything is going to be okay" she soothes cutting me off from rambling as she takes her sleeve whipping the tear stains off my face helping me with my suitcase as we reach her car. I throw my things in the back hopping in the passenger seat. It was a rainy day in California making me feel even more sad then I already was.

Once we arrive to our home I rush inside wanting to stay in bed all day but was attacked by Bruno who happy to see me "hey bubs" I chuckle as he licks my face.

"I'm not really up to play today but maybe we can sleep in bed all day?" I smile weakly as Bruno barks running to my room.

"If you need anything just call for me Okay?" T speaks thanking her as I walk into my room seeing Bruno laid in my bed brushing a small smile to my face, throwing myself into bed breaking down small sobs escaping my lips.

I was in love with him but sometimes when you love somebody you have to let go of them and that's what I was doing letting go of him.

Terry D. Anderson}•

Anna spent hours in her room all day I could hear here crying through the thick walls. It hurt me seeing the pain she's going through. I didn't want to push it because I knew when she got like this she liked being alone. This was worst then whe she lost her mother I've never seen her so hurt it pained me. I laid in my room hearing noises coming from down the hall where Hannah's art room was curiosity feeling my head. I get up moving down the dark hallway seeing the lights from her art room getting bright as I moved closer.

A small gasp escapes my mouth at the sight of the large painting that stood at the end of the room. "I needed to paint my feelings.." she mumbles catching me in her room.

"It's beautiful is this-"

"Yes" she answers, as she gets up continuing to paint using light strokes to add detail to the paintings.

"Terry can you give him this when he's ready" she mumbles sniffling to herself a couple of tears streaming down her face.

"Hey don't think like that you w-"

"Please" she pleads her eyes redder then ever from all the crying she's been doing all day.

"Yes of course" I tell her before leaving the room stopping at the door frame.

"Get some rest soon it's late" I tell her seeing her still working on her painting.

"Ok" was all she said before I left back to my room to sleep.