The Start Of The Great War

Gallaniara and I had been traveling for about a week, and we had found ourselves in the middle of a battle. Ardonia was trying to push back the Nether forces that had invaded our land.
To fight in the war, we had disguised ourselves as Kaltaris. I had a Supporillusion Song and Gallaniara had one that could work off of blood, making her appearance change.
To make Gallaniara less recognisable, her Song had to work off my blood, so her markings were hidden. We didn't look identical, her natural markings being lighter in colour, but we did have the same markings because of the Song.

I sat on a log, lost in my thoughts, just like every other time. Gallaniara sat next to me with her chin resting on her hand. Many things had been on our minds since we joined the battle.
A bush rustled behind me, but I ignored it, thinking it was just an animal. The bush rustled again, but this time I quietly got up and signalled for Gallaniara to get her sword. I picked mine up and put out the fire with a woolen blanket.
We quietly listened for more movement.
What felt like hours passed, until a light blue Sendaris came out from the cover of the darkness and the bush they were hiding in.
They swung their sword at my head and I parried it with a loud clang ringing through the air.
While the Sendaris was distracted fighting me, Gallaniara came up behind them and threw them to the ground. They dropped their sword and Gallaniara pointed her sword at their chest.
I went over and picked up their sword. It was a diamond greatsword and I moved it around, testing its weight.
I went over to them, put their greatsword over my back and pointed my sword at their chest as well.
"Who are you and why did you attack us?" Gallaniara demanded. The Sendaris rolled their eyes. I quickly looked them over and took note that they were a male Sendaris.
"My name is Thalleous Sendaris," his smooth voice said. I flinched in recognition of the name. It seemed to have the same affect on Gallaniara. "I attacked you because you are Voltaris and that is.. not Ingressus."
"He's my twin brother." Gallaniara rolled her eyes. "And don't try to use your Songs, I can tell you want to."
We all lapsed into silence.
"May I ask, who are you two?"
"I'm Gallaniara Voltaris and this is Abalyes Voltaris." I stayed silent.
"Why are you two so close to the main camp? You're just asking to get killed."
"You might recognize our disguises. To you we're known as Gallaniara Kaltaris and Abalyes Kaltaris, and we're also disguised as sisters."
"I do recognize those names. Why do you want to help us?" Gallaniara stayed silent for a moment.
"I was allied with my brother, Ingressus, but he went to ally with the Nether forces. We decided to help you because it's the right thing to do." Thalleous pondered this bit of information. "Are you going to hand us in?" She had a look of dread on her face.
"No. You two will keep fighting. I don't see a reason why I should hand you in if you are on our side." Gallaniara hesitated before lifting her sword and putting it back onto her back. I did the same and reluctantly handed Thalleous his greatsword back.
He almost snatched it off me.
"You're welcome," I said, rolling my eyes.
Thalleous smirked at me then turned to walk off back in the direction of the main camp.
"He's the one you told me about. The one that attacked your village," I said, once Thalleous was out of earshot.
"I know," Gallaniara whispered.