Five Questions

I had many thoughts go through my head at once while helping Gallaniara set up the camp for the night.
We were somewhere near Old Voltaria, but still quite a far away from Mt Velgrin.
"What are you thinking about?" Gallaniara asked, noticing that I was still leaning over the camp-fire, and had the flint and steel in my hands. The camp-fire wasn't even lit yet.
"Many things," I simply replied. I struck the flint and steel together, creating a spark that lit the camp-fire. I stood up, put the flint and steel back into my inventory, and sat down next to her on a log.
"Give me a straight answer please. Being cryptic isn't going to satisfy me."
"You want a satisfactory answer?"
Gallaniara nodded. "Who doesn't?"
I sighed. "Okay. I'm thinking about our future, and the past. There's still so many things I don't know about you."
She hesitated before answering. "I don't like to talk about my past because of the attack on my first home."
"I can understand that, but being closed off from me forever isn't going to do you any good."
"I know." The sentence barely came out as a whisper and I could've missed it if I wasn't listening intently, even though I was sitting right next to her. I put an arm around her shoulders.
"Okay, how about I get to ask five questions about your past?"
"Okay."
"Who are your parents?"
"Isn't that question a bit sudden?"
"It might be. Can you please answer it?"
She sighed. "Fine. I don't remember my mother, but my father was the master of the Voltaris. His name's Dominus Voltaris." I wasn't expecting her to be related to the master of our clan. My shock was quite evident on my face and Gallaniara smiled. "Weren't expecting that, were you?"
I shook my head. "I wasn't."
"What's your next question going to be?"
I thought for a moment. "Did you have any friends?"
"No, I hung out with my brother." I could hear the sarcasm rolling off in waves. I bit back a laugh, but couldn't stop the smile on my face. "Of course I did."
"Okay. What was life like?"
"It was different from what life was like at your village. There were more people, and food was more of a problem. In your village though, there were less people, and food was less of a problem."
I nodded, accepting her answer. "Okay, these last two questions aren't really related to your past, but I am curious about your answer." Gallaniara raised an eyebrow, intrigued. "What do you think our situation is like right now?"
She looked deep in thought before answering. "I think we're lucky to be alive."
I nodded again. Her answer was pretty much the same as mine, if I ever answered that question. "This is my last question. What do you hope the future is like?"
Her answer came surprisingly quickly. "I hope that we live out a happy and long life. Hopefully there won't be too many bumps along the way."
"Like the war that's happening right now?"
"Yeah, hopefully that will be the only huge bump along the way."