Coyotes and other problems

Chapter twelve

Coyotes and other problems

❀ꕥ

"Why do I get the feeling that you're about to tell me something I really don't want to hear?" Flora raised her eyebrows, crossing her arms as she watched the two boys standing on her front porch.

Scott smiled. "Experience?"

The former blonde scoffed and leaned against the doorframe. "You want me to go look for a car wreck in the middle of the night with you. Remember how something like this ended up almost a year ago?" She whisper-shouted, trying not to wake the werewolf in the guest room and her (still) moody father.

Stiles clapped his hands together. "But look at us now." He showed his toothy grin and grabbed her hand. "Just put on your dirty converse and let's go."

The girl sighed but without a second word put on her worn-out shoes, she would be lying if she tried to convince the guys that she had better plans. Ever since her nightmares began she pulled on more and more Netflix marathons in Stiles' lacrosse hoddie and a bottle of wine (without her father's knowledge of course, after all - she was still a teen).

"Go on then." She showed the boys out of her porch and followed them towards the blue jeep.

"Listen, I -personally- planned a romantic evening for the two of us." Stiles wiggled his eyebrows at his girlfriend in the back. "But Scott showed up and dragged me out."

Flora watched the boys from the back seat. "So your idea of a romantic evening is looking for the body of an eight-year-old girl?"

Stiles opened his mouth and then closed it again, ignoring the looks of his best friend and girlfriend. "Not when you put it that way." He mumbled and stopped in the woods.

"Yeah, I would rather go to the movies." She chuckled as she kissed his cheek. "Pull out your flashlights boys, we're doing this again." She sighed and squeezed Stiles' hand.

"You know, if my dad's right, that means there's another werewolf in town that we haven't met yet." Stiles acknowledged the possible situation.

Flora shrugged and skipped over a hole that seemed like had no end. "Or maybe it's gone now."

"If it turns out to be something like triplets that form into, like a three-headed hound of hell, I'm seriously not up for that," Stiles warned them, helping Flora balance from her jump.

The girl ran a hand through her messy hair. "Maybe we should be more positive guys." She sighed.

Scott looked away from the map on his phone. "I can't even control my own transformation." He reminded her.

"Right." She mumbled, looking down on her feet.

A loud howl was heard in the distance, making Stiles jump and grab Scott's and Flora's arms.
"Sorry, buddy." Stiles whispered when the three kids watched Scott's phone fall into a puddle of water beneath them. "I hate coyotes so much." He added, more loudly. "They always sound like they're mauling some tiny, helpless little animal."