22

first heartbreak

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

it was already monday, three day's had gone by since the carnival. mashiho kept thinking about jihoon telling him to move on.

'i'd move on if i had someone else to have an interest in'

throughout the day doyoung would check in on mashiho, even if he was a grade lower, he felt bad & thought he was the reason as to why jihoon snapped.

doyoung felt so bad that instead he took mashiho to go eat somewhere else, he apologized to hyunsuk, but he already knew, hyunsuk knows everything, even before it happens.

truth was, jihoon just didn't want him & his best friend to fight anymore. he'd rather lose an exchange student than a best friend who he'd known longer.

what he wasn't aware of at the time was his best friend wouldn't do the same.

▂▂
after school

mashiho was going to meet up with doyoung, the two agreed to go to the café near the school.

"mashiho~~" he heard junkyu running up to him. "hi junkyu" he smiled

the older knew it was now or never.

"do you have some time to spear ? i need help on physics again" the older chuckled

mashiho saw doyoung waiting for him at the end of the hall with something in his hand. "sure, just let me tell doyoung i can't hangout"

"mashiho, here, it's a gift, i heard that you're probably not gonna come back after winter break... so i bought you this scarf" the younger handed him a navy blue scarf, it was extremely soft.

mashiho didn't realize how fast information gets around, but he wasn't surprised since he's not coming back for one reason. park jihoon.

"thanks, & im sorry i can't hangout, i need to help junkyu with physics, youre welcomed to join if you want"

"no that's fine, i was going to tell you i can't either, im going to the movie theaters with this older girl" he winked. mashiho forgot doyoung's an fboy.

"we'll hangout tomorrow, bye doyoung !" & just like that he left to join junkyu.

▂▂
after tutoring

"mashiho"
"hm?" he sweetly replied

"do you like me?" junkyu suddenly asked

"of course i do" mashiho answered. truthfully he thought he meant as a friend. so he wasn't expecting what was coming.

"i do too" the older smiled. he couldn't hold in his excitement. he just went in & kissed the shorter boy.

mashiho was in shock, did he kiss back ? no.

he slightly pushed the older off, "hold on, wh-what was that for ?..." he asked shyly.

"you said you lik– oh shit" he realized he wasn't clear on what type of 'like'

"i like you..."
"i like you romantically takata mashiho" he confessed. the short boy's eye's widened.

"wh-why..."

"aside from jihoon, you're the only one i can be myself around. you make me feel happy... a type of happy i haven't felt since i was 10"

'jihoon...' mashiho kept thinking about him.

junkyu could see the shorter boy was in shock, he hugged him. mashiho hesitated to hug him back. his thoughts were still filled with jihoon

their fight left mashiho wondering so much... did jihoon really mean what he said ?

▂▂

"thank you jihoon" a girl bowed thanking him for tutoring her in english

"don't worry about it, let me know if you ever want me to tutor you again" he politely informed before the left the class.

as he was walking down the hall he heard junkyu & mashiho, he quickly stepped back & looked at them, he hid.

he heard junkyu asking if mashiho liked him, once he heard mashiho's response his heart ached. he took a look & regretted it.

he saw junkyu kissing mashiho. he wanted to move, but his legs wouldn't let him.

once he heard junkyu confess he knew it was over for him. he didn't want to look, but his mind kept telling him he had to.

junkyu was hugging him. mashiho's arms were shaking, but he ended up hugging him back.

▂▂

once junkyu felt mashiho's arms wrapped around him he smiled, he nuzzled his face into the short boy's neck.

mashiho knew no one was around but yet he felt a little embarrassed. "s-so what now ?" he asked

junkyu got up & kissed mashiho's forehead.

he noticed mashiho was blushing, he avoided eye contact with him, so junkyu being himself, tried something

he gave the shorter boy a kiss on his cheek.

"junkyu—"
"im sorry..."

"i won't do anything else, so cmon, I'll drop you off home" he held mashiho's hand as both walked away.

what they didn't know is that jihoon was behind them, he covered his mouth so his crying wasn't heard.

jihoon saw junkyu kissing mashiho. & with that, park jihoon had his first heart break.

'you caused this jihoon, stop being so selfish' he told himself.