15

unedited

--

"Oh, try this." Jinyoung says, placing a piece of meat to Mark's plate and Mark happily ate it, smiling widely at Jinyoung. The emotions seen on the table is different from one to another.

Youngjae was giggling at them, calling them whipped for each other. Jaebeom was watching closely, slightly confused as to why they look too real. Namjoon was smiling at their interaction, meanwhile Jackson seemed to quiet down even though he was talking with the others with a smile.

But the two didn't mind them, Jinyoung started to warm up to Mark, who seemed to be openly more affectionate. "May I call everyone from batch 2015 to go to the dance floor and dance their heart out!" The host says. "Don't worry about your plus ones, there will be a time for you to dance with them later tonight!" The host adds and one by one, they start to stand. Jaebeom kissed Youngjae on the forehead before going with another person from their batch. Namjoon says he was still full to dance so he lets his fiancé go. Jackson excused himself and Mark smiles at Jinyoung. "Let's dance later?" He asked and Jinyoung smiles at him, his cheeks flushed from the amount of wine he drank. "Namjoon-ah, don't let him drink anymore, please?" He asked and the other nods.

Jinyoung wasn't drunk, just tipsy, that's why Mark told him to stop drinking when he noticed that Jinyoung was getting giggly and told Namjoon to stop him from drinking. "How are you and Mark?" Namjoon asked, raising his eyebrows. Jinyoung smiles the type of smile where his eyes turn into crescent moons. "We're okay." He answered. "Just okay?" A woman who both Youngjae and Jinyoung don't know ask when she sits on one of the empty chairs. "In-na, can you not, tonight? It's the first time we're all meeting." Namjoon says, his eyesbrows furrowed, he's obviously not a fan of her. Jinyoung kept his smile on though. "Well, we're more than okay, I guess." He chuckled out.

"Are you sure you're engaged? He didn't pay you or anything, right?" In-na asked. "I mean, we all haven't seen you or know about you." She continued. "Then you suddenly show up in our reunion." She adds again and Jinyoung's body heat up again, but with anger. "Are you okay with getting used?" In-na asked, raising an eyebrow at him. Youngjae and Namjoon frowned while Jinyoung exhaled, looking straight at her. Annoyance boiling inside him as he takes another breath. "That's really offending." He answered. "We're a private couple." He adds. "And asking if he's paying me, really? You're going there?" Jinyoung asked, not knowing why he's so angry at the thought of that when that is in fact what's happening.

"Did your husband pay you to marry him?" Jinyoung asked back, eyes squinting at In-na who huffed, rolling her eyes before getting up and walking away. Namjoon clapped while Youngjae laughed, clapping along with Namjoon. "That was quite a sight." Namjoon chuckled out, giving him thumbs up. "You looked really cool, hyung." Youngjae said after and Jinyoung breaks into a smile even though he still felt a bit agitated. "Thank you." He says.

On the dance floor though, Mark and Jaebeom was goofily dancing with each other, laughing when Jaebeom tripped. "Hey, can we talk?" Jackson says from beside them and Jaebeom looks at Mark as if asking if he wanted him to come. Mark shook his head before nodding at Jackson, leading the way to the balcony of the venue. The music wasn't as audible here so they could hear each other clearly. "How have you been?" Jackson asked, leaning on the railing. Mark looks down, smiling when he sees the ring. "Happy." He answered and Jackson nods, licking his lips. "Right. You're engaged." Jackson muttered, nodding again. "I-I thought you're still hurt. I never heard from you." Jackson says and Mark sighed, leaning on the railing as well, watching the city lights.

"I was. Very." He answered, memories of him drinking in the office and crying his eyes out every night came flashing back in his mind. "But then I met Jinyoung." He says, a smile forming on his lips, thinking about Jinyoung's eyes, Jinyoung's lips, Jinyoung's laugh. He thinks about that Sunday, their video calls. Warmth spread through his chest. "He seems like a good person." Jackson states and Mark nods. "He is." He answered.