Year 4-3 | The 3 Unforgivable Curses

Start from the beginning

"What are you laughing at?!" Moody flew the spider straight on to Draco's nose making him absolutely panic. Laughter filled the room quickly followed with Moody's cackle like laughter.

"Talented isn't she? What should we make her do next? Jump out the window?!" The laughter quickly died out as Moody flicked his wand towards a window causing the spider to be flung against it.

"Drown herself?" The spider hovered over a bucket of water as it struggled. Slowly, Moody brought it back on the his hand as we all watched in fear.

"Scores of witches and wizards have claimed that they only did 'you know who's' bidding under the influence of the imperio curse. How do we sort out the liars?" He continued, "Another curse, another?" Multiple students raised their hand.

"Come on, Longbottom is it?" He looked down at Neville who sat at the very front of the class. Neville nodded and slowly stood up not being able to make eye contact with Moody.

"The second curse is um.. The cruciatus sir" His voice was shaky.

"Correct correct! Come" Moody motioned Neville to come up to the front of the class and they both stood beside the spider.

"The torture curse, Crucio!" He pointed his wand at the spider as it let out a very painful high pitched shriek. It was clear it was struggling even if it wasn't a human. It's screams echoed loudly through the classroom as the students all flinched. Neville looked beyond terrified, he was shaking and could barely even keep his eyes opened. My father had told me about the Longbottoms, they were his friends. They were tortured by he who must not be named until they lost their minds forgetting Neville was their son. Clearly the cruciatus curse is traumatizing for him and he had to bare witness a creature being tortured before his eyes.

"STOP! STOP IT! CAN'T YOU SEE IT'S BOTHERING HIM? STOP IT!" Hermione yelled and Moody stopped

"STOP! STOP IT! CAN'T YOU SEE IT'S BOTHERING HIM? STOP IT!" Hermione yelled and Moody stopped. Finally the horrifying shrieks of the monster stopped as Moody picked it up in his hand walking up towards Hermione. Her eyes were glued on the desk and she looked terrified. Moody walked over and placed the spider in front of her.

"Perhaps you can give us the last unforgivable curse Miss Granger"

Hermione shook her head in fear. The last unforgivable curse, Avada Kedavra. He was going to kill the spider in front of Hermione. This class is totally gruesome, so so gruesome.

"No? Avada-"

"Expelliarmus!" I quickly took out my wand and pointed it towards Moody making his wand go flying backwards. Everyone's eyes were drawn to me and so was Moody's.

"Evelyn Clermont" He muttered stomping his way towards me pulling me up out of my seat by my robes.

"Get your hands off of me profesor before I get you sacked. You and I both know if the ministry were alerted of this lesson you would get sacked or even be sent to Azkaban. You know who my father is" I glared at him. He glared at me back before throwing me to the ground and stomped off grabbing his wand.

"Killing curse, only one person has known to survive it and he's sitting in this room"

I sat back up on the ground watching him walk towards harry and drinking something out of the same strange bottle. "Class dismissed"

Everyone quickly ran out of the classroom and I just stayed on the ground glaring at Moody. Hermione quickly rushed over wrapping her arms around my shoulder and helping me up.

"Come on let's go" She said grabbing my arm and pulling me out to the corridors.

"Are you alright?" Harry came over walking beside me.

"I'm fine"

"Brilliant isn't he? Completely demented, Terrifying of course. He's really been there you know?" Ron said.

"There's a reason those curses are unforgivable. To perform them in a classroom?" Hermione spat. Out of nowhere someone grabbed my robes again and pulled me around. We all turned to see Moody grabbing onto my robes tight.

"Come with me Clermont, you and I will have a talk" He said staring at me.

"She won't be needing to sir" Harry stood in between Moody and I. He examined Harry carefully and then back at me and smirked.

"Young love, very nice. Be glad Miss Clermont won't be expelled from Hogwarts like she should for attacking a teacher" He muttered pushing Harry to the side and dragging me up the stairs by my sleeve.

"Have some respect for her" Draco came down the stairs with his two minions Crabbe and Goyle. He quickly grabbed on to Moody's arm that was pulling my sleeve and threw it off. "I just disrespected you so won't you need to have a little talk with me as well?" He raised an eyebrow.

"Both of you follow me" Moody spat and turned around stomping up the stairs as Draco followed. I turned around to face Hermione Ron and Harry who looked at me worried before following the two back up to DADA classroom.

Draco and I stood in the classroom just looking at Moody who closely examined the two of us.

"Where did you learn the expelliarmus spell" He sharply turned looking at me.

"I saw Profesor Snape use it against Lockhart during DADA in my second year and copied it"

"Impressive. Your mother, Apolline Clermont eh?"

"Yes sir"

He smiled like a maniac, "I know your mother very well. You and Potter are dating?"

"Are you interrogating her? In that case I think she can go now" Draco spat from beside me and pulled me out of the class.

"Thanks" I said genuinely. It was odd that Draco would do that for me but I really did appreciate it.

"Can't tell if you're stupid or clever Evelyn" He muttered, "So what was the answer?"

"What?"

"Are you and Potter dating?"

"No- He fancies somebody else really" My expressions saddened for a second.

"Figured, you're too good for him" He said walking away down the stairs. Moody knows my mother well? Can't be, she's not an auror. Unless Moody also was another follower of the dark lord which I highly doubt. Why would Dumbledore hire someone like that and besides, he was a famous auror.