"Yes alpha." She answers as she studies me with curiosity.

"What." I spit out, my patience wearing thin.

She purses her lips as she cocks her head to the side. "What the hell happened out there? You smell like one of them."

"Let it go." I snarl. "You are testing my patience, Jocelyn. It would be in your best interest to remember that I can be very cruel when I'm upset." Her head snaps down and her body coils away from me as her wolf submits.

"Yes, Alpha." She whispers and I dismiss her with a wave of my hand. I know the pack deserves to know what we're up against. They deserve to know what those wolves really are, but if I tell them how I know they'd see me as the enemy. I can't handle that on top of everything else. I can't.

After almost two hours nurse Joy comes to get me. "Alpha." She says with a bow "The silver made its way into his heart and stopped twice during the procedure. He's stable at the moment but we aren't sure how long it'll last. We've done all we can Alpha."

Rage burns in my heart and I walk past her, down the corridor, and through the double doors. Doctors and nurses press their backs against the walls and bow their heads in submission as I push open the door to Nick's room.

My eyes land on a very weak looking Nick. His complexion is sickly pale and his veins thump against his skin, a silver undertone present. His eyes snap open once I enter the room. He tries to get up but I push him back down. My wolf whines in my mind at the sight. We both care for him.

"Alora." He rasps out "It's not as bad as it looks."

I scoff and sit down on the edge of the bed as he grabs my hand in his. I stare at our hands and feel my anger begin to dissipate. "I'm sorry Nick."

He shakes his head and winces at the pain the movement causes "It comes with the job." He jokes.

I shake my head and caress his face. His eyes close and he leans his head against my palm. My heart flutters and I pull my hand away. His brown eyes open and the look in them leaves me breathless in their intensity. His hand tightens on mine while the other pulls me down to meet his lips.

The kiss is so tender it shocks me. I pull away, giving him a lasting glance before walking out. Spotting nurse Joy, I order her to watch him like a hawk and notify me of any changes. Racing towards the Pack House and into my room, I walk into the connecting bathroom and strip off my ripped and bloodied clothes. Throwing them onto the ground, I hear a clatter of something solid.

Bending down I realize it is the mahogany box containing the Kynda. Placing it next to the sink I look in the mirror and my eyes widen as I see the subtle differences. My skin is a shade lighter, my hair a darker red. My red eyes now resemble the same shade as the blood-red moon. The same shade as my grandfather. The same shade as Emerson. I growl and see my canines sharpen like fangs. Snarling in rage I smash the mirror with my fist and watch as the glass explodes like confetti, clattering onto the bathroom tiles like the pitter-patter of raindrops.

My chest heaves unevenly as I try to calm my shaking hands and step into the shower. Ignoring the shards of glass now embedded into my feet. I let the water run down my body and watch it circle down the drain, a mixture of blood and water. Some of it is mine, but the majority is not. I scrub my skin raw and don't leave the shower until the sun shines through the clear bathroom window and Jocelyn reports that the warriors are ready.

I get dressed and make sure to grab the lighter fluid and my matches from the top drawer. Jogging towards the border I smile as I see them lined up in four rows of ten. Fallon grins from the front row as I stand in front of them. I survey them and nod in approval when I see the grenades filled with silver tied onto their ankles.