ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ¹³

Mulai dari awal

"My ears are burning," I heard my brother say. "Better not be talking crap about me, miss baby face."

"Just a warning to our baby sister," Artemis quipped. "Besides, you couldn't take anyone down in the middle of her special day. You'd be outcast for the next three millennia if you pulled a stunt like that. Best to sit back, relax, and enjoy the throes of life. I mean, when was the last time you were invited to a party, let alone an important one like this?"

Ares grumbled at Artemis' attitude, his eyes flaring red. Of course, the two had a decent friendship (if you could even call it that. They mostly just tolerate each other's existence and prefer to not get into scuffles, lest they anger Daddy) that consisted of taunts and weird nicknames that made no sense to most of Olympus. As half-siblings, we shared enough blood to understand each other and our powers. The same went for Ares and Artemis, although I always thought that Ares was jealous that Artemis got to spend more time with me. Ares had shown interest in me during the first few days only to be shut down by Mommy and Daddy, who seem to barely be on speaking terms with the god of war.

Sometimes I wonder just how I was able to be born into such an odd family. I guess it was up to nature to decide where my little self went and they thought 'hey, let's make this girl a god and place her into the hands of the greeks, who are known for doing weird things to their family and holding the oddest grudges.' To be honest I would ask the fates if they were anywhere to be seen, which they aren't. Shouldn't they be at an event like this? I mean I just got my godlyhood gifted to me by my father. Well, I had it before, but now I'm a full goddess! Not just in name, but in practice!

"Little Callidora will not have her special day ruined as long as you don't harass me," Ares grumbled, patting my head. Marcus glared daggers into my older brother, obviously annoyed that he dared put his hands on his mate. "Don't give me that look, corrected vampire, she's my sister."

"We're Gods," Hebe started, taking a sip of her wine, "which means that we fuck our brothers and sisters, marry them. I think Marcus has every right to be protective over his sweet little mate during a family gathering. Who knows which relative will take a pounce at her." He growls under his breath before pulling me into his chest. "New mates, by nature. I'm just glad nobody's caused a scene yet. I would think that Poseidon and Athena would have tried to brawl already. If I didn't know better I would make a bet on when it could happen. Let's see, it could be right now or in two hours when Callidora should be getting back to Volterra. We know just how annoying uncle can be with her."

Nature above, the stories that get told about Poseidon and Athena. Why they hated each other, we may never know. If I had to guess I would say that my uncle doubted sister Athena. She hates that. A goddess of war, she knows exactly how to play things to victory. One would think she's cousin Nike if they didn't know better. Then again, cousin Nike only comes over to play with Ares and Athena when one of them needs a challenge. She's ridiculously good at card games.

"It doesn't matter if or when they fight." Everyone raises an eyebrow at me. "I should hope they don't fight. If not for keeping themselves in line than for the guests I've brought to Olympus. They should think about behaving for the vampires here."

"Corrected vampires," Ares corrected. "Real vampires have red eyes and sparkle in the sun. The ones deemed worthy to be lifted of the curse have their normal coloring and... no need for human blood. Odd sort of curse that way."

"I wouldn't have gotten out of my deal with the Devil if it weren't for Callidora."

Ares smirks. "Wouldn't want uncle Hades hearing you call him the Devil, he may just take away his grace."

"Grace is my domain now," I reminded him, rolling my eyes as I layed back into Marcus. "Callidora, Goddess of Grace, has deemed Marcus Volturi, King of the Volturi and Saint of Volterra, worthy of my domain."