Chapter 44: D-dad?

A/N: hope you guys enjoy :)

Peter's body jerked and the boys head shot up, eyes wide; frantically looking around for whoever had touched him. His eyes were already beginning to water with tears and his bottom lip was trembling, looking like a small lost child.

"Peter?" Tony asked, swallowing down the lump that had formed in his throat. The boys head sharply turned to the left; his eyes slowly focused and a strangled cry escaped him. "Da..D-da...D-dad?" he roughly managed roughly choke out.

"It's m-me." The man whispered, still in disbelief of seeeing his son after so long.

"No n-no, g-go away." Peter shook his head, as a few tears spilled down his cheeks.

"W-what?" Tonys heart stopped in his chest and fear captured his body.

"Y-you're not r-real, you d-don't care g-go!" the boy yelled, while trying to shift away in his chair.

"I am real Pete, I swear. What have they done to you?" Tony whispered the last part to himself, placing his hand on the boys cheek which made him stop struggling.

"No, p-please." he uttered, his eyes looking up to meet the mans. "St-top!"

"I'm real Peter." The man promised, gently holding his hand. "And I'll prove it."

"When I adopted you the first words you said were, 'I'm your kid now.' and I said 'You were always my kid.' Because you were. Every since I met you I was surprised to find out how much I cared, somehow you managed to worm your way into my heart and I let you. When you lost...May, it was hard for me too, it killed me to see you so lost in that school office, the first time I realised how much you meant to me. It was then that I decided that no matter what I did, it was for your best interest."

"And I'm so sorry Pete, I'm so sorry for this to happen, I'm sorry not kepping you safe and putting you first. And that's my biggest regret, because I know what it feels like to have a father who doesn't care, and I never wanted to make you feel that way. Ever. So please believe me when I say, that you are my son Peter and I love you."

Tony wiped the tears on his face and looked at son, who was staring at him with shock and surprise with his mouth slightly agape.

"D-dad?" he asked, not daring to believe that he was finally safe.

"Y-yeah."

"D-dad!" Peter sobbed in relief, tyring to pull against the ropes tying him to the chair.

"Sh, shh, I'll get you." Tony said, rushing to cut the ropes behind the chair that were around Peter's hand and the ones around his ankles.

Once Peter was free the boy shifted forward and fell into Tony's arms, weakly reaching his hands up to grab at his clothes. "D-dad..dad.." he sobbed, wanting to get closer.

"My son, shh, you're safe now, I've got you sweetheart." Tony whispered, pulling him gently so his face was resting by his neck and his arms were wound tightly around Peter, still careful not hurt him.

The boy continued to cry while Tony let his own tears fall, pressing kisses every few seconds to the side of his head, rocking them both gently back and forth. "I'm s-sorry." Peter gasped out. "Shh, you have nothing to be sorry about, you're safe now." Tony murmed, looking into his eyes to make sure he understood.

Peter nodded softly and slowly but surely started to calm down, the crying stopping; his body still shaking slightly.

"Can you stand?" Tony asked, brushing his thumb against the boys cheek. Peter shook his head slightly, partly because his legs felt like led and partly because he didn't want to let go of Tony.

"That's okay bud." Slowly, Tony picked up Peter, holding him to his chest and helping him wrap his legs around his waist. Whilst doing this he realised how light Peter felt, his powers had always made him exceptionally lighter but this was an unhealthy weight even for him.

Peter curled tightly around the man and hide his face in the mans neck as Tony brought a hand up to gently run through his hair, avoiding the large cut. "You ready to go?" he asked softly. Peter nodded again in answer.

Tony took a look at his suit and decided to send it home on its own, he figured Peter wouldn't want to be pushed up against the cold metal.

He walked over to the door and started to walk down the corrider, hoping to get out of this place as soon as possible. As he walked quickly down one he saw Steve who came jogging up to him quickly.

"Is he alright?" The man asked, looking at Peter who was whimpering every few minutes. "No, well, I'm not sure." Tony swallowed, "Did you find anyone?" he tried changing the topic.

"No, no we didn't. Why don't you head out with Peter and we'll take the guys to Furry." Tony nodded and parted with Steve, not wanting to spend a second longer in that hell hole.

A/N: Sorry it's short I just got a new laptop so I had to set that up but next one will be longer and more detailed I promise!! And thank you for over 5K reads!!! I love you guys <3