good friend

Zach's pov: I walked to Elizabeth's grave and noticed someone crouched down right next to it with flowers in his hand.

I walked up behind him, confused.

"What are you doing here?" I asked.

"Well, she was my sister." The guy said standing up and turning around.

The guy who I thought was a random stranger, turned out to be Brandon.

"Holy shit, Brandon." I said hugging him.

I hadn't seen him since the funeral. I couldn't bring myself to see Elizabeth's family after her passing. They probably think I'm a douche, but anything that reminds me of her just hurts too much.

"Where've you been Zach?" Brandon asked.

"Mainly my house." I said.

"I mean why haven't you come to see me or my folks?" He asked.

I sighed and looked down towards Elizabeth's grave.

"It just hurts, I didn't want anyone or anything to remind me of her." I said.

"I'm sorry." I added as I looked back up at him.

"It's okay, I get it." He said.

"Do you come here a lot?" I asked.

"I've only really been here a few times." He answered.

"What about you?" He asked.

"I've been here a decent amount of times." I said.

"How have you been?" He asked. "Like really been, you don't have to lie to me."

I sighed.

"I was doing so shitty, like I was in such a bad place." I said. "I would refuse to eat or even leave my room."

"But I've been doing better lately." I added. "I started going to therapy, and I met someone."

"Was this someone a girl?" He asked.

I couldn't tell if he was upset or not since he wasn't really smiling.

I nodded.

"She could never replace your sister, but she's been helping me a lot." I said.

Brandon chuckled and he even had a smile on his face as he gave me a little friendly shove.

"Dude, if you're worried about me being upset with you or hell about anyone being upset with you for finally starting to move on don't be." He said. "You have a right to move on."

"Elizabeth, would've wanted you to move on." He added.

"Thanks, that means a lot." I said. "I just don't know if she feels the same way and it's different than it was with Elizabeth."

"All relationships aren't the same." He said.

"Where'd you meet this girl anyways?" He asked.

"Therapy." I said.

"Is she your shrink?" He asked.

I chuckled a bit and shook my head.

"God no." I said.

"Then maybe it's different because you both are going through stuff, but that doesn't mean that what you two have between each other isn't right or isn't chemistry." He said.

"You're a good friend, Brandon." I said.

"So are you." He said. "Just know I'll always be here for me whenever you need someone."

I nodded.

"Same goes to you." I said.

"And stop by my folks' place sometime, they really miss you." He said.

"I will." I promised.