thank you

Zach's pov: "What if we go get tattoos!" I exclaimed.

"What?!" Clarke said, her eyes widen with horror.

"Are you crazy?" She asked.

I shook my head.

"No." I simply said.

"Then you're joking right?" She asked.

"I'm being serious." I said.

"Why do you wanna get a tattoo?" She asked.

"Because it'd be fun, plus I already have one so I figured why not get another one." I said shrugging.

"Do you have any ideas for a tattoo?" She asked.

"Yeah, I have a few ideas actually." I said.

"So we're really gonna do this?" She asked as we got to her car.

I nodded.

She sighed.

"Alright get in the car, let's go get some tattoos." She said.

***

"So what are you gonna get?" I asked as Clarke pulled into the parking lot of the tattoo parlor.

"Honestly I don't know." Clarke said.

"What if we write out each other's tattoos?" I suggested.

She turned towards me and smiled.

"I'd like that." She said.

***

Clarke's pov: I smiled at the paper where I had written out Zach's tattoo. I looked up to see Zach already looking at me.

"You done already?" I asked.

He nodded.

"Yeah." Zach said.

"So what now do we just switch papers or give it to the guy then try not looking until it's done?" I asked.

"I kinda like the second option better, but I think it's better if we do the first one just in case we don't like what the other person wrote." He said.

I nodded.

"That's smart." I said.

So we switched papers and I looked down at mine.

Where ever I go I'm taking you

I looked up at Zach to see a tear sliding down his face.

"Oh crap do you not like it?" I quickly asked.

"I-I just thought you might want something to remember her by- n-not that you wouldn't remember her- cause you def-" I stuttered.

"I love it." Zach said cutting me off.

I sighed in relief.

"Okay good." I said smiling.

I had written out the day that Elizabeth had passed away and wrote her name underneath it with a heart.

***

"Well here we are." I said into Zach's driveway.

"Yeah, here we are." Zach said softly.

"Hey, I probably should've asked this before, but why did you write this as my tattoo?" I asked pointing at my arm.

"It's one of the first lyrics in my band's song." He said.

"Your what?!" I exclaimed.

Zach chuckled.

"You didn't know I was in a band?" He asked.

"You never told me." I said.

"Yeah, but you should've known by my Instagram or Twitter." He said.

"I never really paid attention to your Instagram and I don't follow you on Twitter yet." I said shrugging.

He shook his head.

"Jeez, you're so slow." He said laughing.

"Rude." I joked as I crossed my arms.

He laughed harder at me trying to act mad, which only made me join in.

Once we stopped laughing, Zach smiled.

"Thank you for this tattoo." He said looking down at his left wrist where his new tattoo was.

"It means a lot to me." He added as he looked back up at me.

I smiled back and nodded.

"You're welcome." I said.

"Anyways I should be thanking you for saving me from Will and Becca." I continued as I thought about earlier tonight.

"I think you honestly saved us both by saying what you said to Becca then dragging us away." He said.

"I mean true, but you know what I meant." I said tucking a strand of hair behind my ear.

"Yeah I know." He said.

"If you ever need for me to act like your boyfriend again, I gotchu." He added as he shrugged.

I chuckled.

"Thanks." I said.

He nodded.

We just stared at each other in silence for a moment then Zach licked his lips and looked down.

"Well I have to go so-" He paused then looked up at me.

"I'll text you later?" He said, but it came out more as a question.

I nodded.

"Sounds like a plan." I said.

He smiled then got out of the car.

"See ya later." He said closing the door.

I watched him walk up to his front door where he turned around and waved one last goodbye before going inside.

And with that I left.

Leaving his house with so many thoughts running through my mind.

Author's note:
8 Letters is soooo good.. and it's so relatable. Like I feel the whole song especially when Jonah goes "Opening and closing up again. I've been hurt so I don't trust" I felt that sksksk..

Anyways it's almost one in the morning and I'm tired even though I took a two hour nap a few hours ago😂😂 so goodnight (: