I wondered why he called it a chest when it was literally the whole drawer, which was located at such a place, that no one would ever want to even open it and just in case anyone tried, it had a lock whose key was with San.

I giggled at the fact that it also had a compact refrigerator inside. "Here. Are you happy now?" San handed me a plate with a huge piece of chocolate cake. I nodded happily, my eyes on the sweet delight in front of me. It looked extra delicious to me, the chocolate dripping on the plate as soon as it was served.

"You'll love this one. Now let's go." We comfortably sat the corner of the dining room. It already had two chairs placed near the window. The view of the garden always made me feel refreshed even though I see it every day.

I faced San who was staring out of the window, his spoon almost about to slide down from his hands because o not attention.

"Sannie! Your cake!" he looked at me with surprise and immediately got hold of his spoon, scooping out a huge bite from his cake.

"Ah right. About me. Okay, don't feel sad or anything after hearing my story, okay?" he spoke while smiling. I nodded, not sure what I was about to hear.

━━━━━

>FLASHBACK<

━━━━━

Third person pov:

"Mommy... I don't like this new uncle. He is bad." the five year old boy complained looking up at the middle aged man who was with his mom. His mom squeezed the man's arm tightly into her chest, angrily staring at her son.

"San! How dare you speak like that to your dad!? Should I punish you?" she scolded, raising her free arm and was about the slap the kid. The boy flinched, too afraid of getting hurt.

"Hey. It's okay. He's just a kid. I'll forgive him." The man said to the woman who still looked furious.

"See!? He even forgave you San! Say sorry to him, now!" she spoke which made the little boy shiver.

"But mommy...my eyes never lie. That's what you taught me... This uncle is lying! I can see it in his eyes!" San's one sentence was enough to make his mom go crazy. She did not resist this time, just one swift smack on San's cheek was enough to make him cry. Tears rolled down his cheeks, one of which was now swollen.

"Jeez, now I see why you said he's annoying." The man turned to her as she apologized.

"Don't worry Kim, he gets good punishment for every bad thing he does." She looked at the weeping boy.

"No mommy! Please! I'll be a good boy... No punishment please!" San sobbed but his heartless mom was too blinded by her newfound 'love'.

"You won't get to eat dinner tonight and no going out today and tomorrow." She declared, at which San continued pleading but she wouldn't listen.

"And listen San. I and Kim are going to get married this month, so call him dad okay? You better call him dad. Now go and sleep." She said before she left with Mr.Kim to have dinner.

San's mom was a widow. She was too young to be a mother and losing her husband at such a young age and having a son to take care of was too much for her. Eventually, she started dating men who were rich. Rich enough to take care of her and her son. But during all this, she had forgotten how to love her child. Feeding him and giving him a shelter was the only thing she managed and thought that's what enough to be mother was.

However, as time passed... her son seemed more of a burden to her. He was too sharp for his age and had a special ability. Ability to straightaway recognize whether someone's good or bad, whether someone's lying or speaking the truth. Even though this was a boon, his straightforward statements made many of her dates run away, which she used to hate. Her feelings for her son were slowly dying as she started thinking only about money. Her kid was more of a burden for her and she looked at him as her 'responsibility' rather than her family.

"Honey, did you decide everything about our wedding?" the woman wrapped her arms around the man who instantly shrugged them off.

"What wedding? I don't want to marry you." He declared leaving her in confusion.

"You are joking right? Haha...come on babe! Stop messing around and tell me!" she hugged him again but instead of hugging back, the man stepped back.

"I'm serious." He answered with a straight face.

"W-Why Kim?" she demanded an answer, her eyes already moist when she realised how serious Kim was.

"Two reasons. One- Your son. That little brat talks too much, jeez. How rude. He called me a liar and a bad guy for almost two months!? Do I look like a fucking joke? He really pissed me off. And Second- I never wanted to marry you bitch. I was having some fun with you haha. I already have a girlfriend. You are nothing but just a fucking whore." Kim smirked as she started crying her eyes out, her makeup already spoiled by her tears.

"You lied! San was correct! You fucking lied!" she covered her face with her palms, trying her best not to draw attention.

"I didn't! I was serious at first but your kid annoyed me. And seriously!? You think someone will marry you after knowing you have a kid? Are you that dumb bitch? You really are the worst gold digger." He laughed, as he got up to leave.

"By the way a small tip. No one will ever marry you if you have that kid around. Men don't like taking other's responsibility. If you want to marry a rich guy, you need to act like a bachelor haha. Stupid bitch." He left, leaving the lady alone in the restaurant.