Jaytim《84》Halloween

"Jay, we're going to be late!" Tim complained as he picked up one of his coffee mugs off their table in the kitchen, before placing it in the sink.

The smaller man could hear something that sounded like dresser drawers being slammed closed, before two long arms wrapped around his waist.

"We're not going to be late, relax babybird." Jason whispered into Tim's ear before burying his head into Tim's shoulder.

"We are if you keep trying to stall." Tim murmured under his breath, causing Jason to give a small laugh.

"I'm not stalling." Jason said, his voice muffled by Tim's shoulder.

"Mhm and I'm Wonder Woman." Tim remarked, a small smile on his face.

Tim could feel Jason's grin growing, and before the older man could make a sarcastic remark or a dirty joke, Tim cut him off. "You're stalling, I can tell."

"Detectives." Jason mumbled before heaving a deep sigh, causing the younger raven haired man to giggle slightly.

"But seriously Jay, the city is about to go into complete chaos since Halloween is in just a few hours, and you know Dick will talk our ears off if we're late."

Jason unwrapped his arms from around Tim's waist and released his head from the crook of Tim's shoulder  before going to grab his guns from their basement.

Tim shook his head in slight annoyance, still giggling slightly as he quickly washed the coffee mug before placing it upside down on a towel to dry.

He grabbed his black gloves from one of his left pockets in his utility belt before slipping them on, right as Jason was coming back up the stairs, his holsters loaded with guns.

It never bothered Tim that much, which he found strange for a while. Guns were hated by Bruce and Dick, so when he never flinched seeing Jason kilk people with his guns, he thought he had gone insane.

It took Tim a while to realize that he was allowed to have his own preferences. He would never use a gun on anyone unless absolutley necessary, but they don't exactly bother him.

Which is probably why it wasn't hard to accept Jason into his life. He didn't care about the smoking addiction, or that his views on crime differed from Bruce's.

In fact, Tim still saw Jason as his idle. Jason was always one who would rebel without a care in the world, and that gave him the chance to be free in life. Tim wished that for his entire life.

Being with Jason was his freedom and his comfort. He felt protected and secure, and his own thoughts and feelings were always taken into consideration. Sometimes Jason would know how to read Tim better than he did himself, which always surprised Tim the most.

"Alright Timbo, I got everything. You ready to head out?" Jason asked when he reached the few final steps to the staircase.

Tim shook himself out of his thoughts and turned away from staring at his gloves, his attention now on the older man who had his red hood tucked under his left arm, using his right hand to shut and lock the door to the basement.

"Yeah. I got everything. Let's go." Tim swallowed down a large bubbling question that had been rising in the back of his throat.

Jason only gave Tim one last quick peck on his right cheek before smirking as he put on his helmet, causing Tim to frown.

That was the only thing he hated about Jason's Red Hood outfit. The hood made sure that he couldn't kiss Jason in any way unless Jason wanted to take it off.

And Jason being the sarcastic son of a gun he was, he would often tease Tim about it.

But the logical side of Tim also tried to convince him that it was much safer for Jason as well. Explosives and gases are often warded off from his mouth, meaning a smaller chance he would die of anything toxic that travels through the air.

He could also prevent Posin Ivy from doing anything to him, which was a small bonus in Tim's book. Even if he hated the hood, he had to give it a small amount of respect for keeping Jason out of deaths way.

For the second time.

And now he was giving respect to an object. Tim wanted to smack himself into being sensible again, but knew Jason would ask questions about it, so Tim had to prevent himself from smacking some sense into his brain.

As Jason and Tim snuck out into the day through their back window that led to a closed off alleyway, the two could already hear screams of excited children already dressed in costumes or begging their parents to get ready already.

Tim took the lead, hoping on rooftops that he's been jumping over for the past few years, feeling natural in the air, and loving the way his boots hit the pavement on the old buildings.

Jason was not too far behind, smiling under his hood as he watched Tim leap across the structures and children in the streets. He knew Tim loved this, the wind in his hair and the noise of Gotham City passing by his ears.

He felt the weight on the tiny box in one of his utility belt's pockets, his heart slipping a beat as he thought over the possible answers, but quickly reminded himself now was not the time.

Tim had a smile dancing on his lips for the rest of the night as he watched little kids dressed as superheroes, witches, pumpkins, and more get excited over candy.

There wasn't much crime that night, surprisingly, but that wasn't the most shocking part of the night.

The most shocking part of the night was when he was led back to his and Jason's shared house, only to find Jason on one knee, a small box with a simple band tucked inside.

He couldn't get his answer out fast enough.

"Yes."

Ack I know I suck at writing but I'm tryinggggg I swear. I'll get better one of these days, I hope.

Guys, this is the last offical chapter TwT I'm so sad this is the end. But I really need a break. It's been tiring me out more than it should, and I've been really stressed lately.

And to top that all off I haven't gotten ANY sleep *chuckles darkly*

But this is not the chapter where I say my farewells.

Next chapter.