OC×Dick《●15●》Better

Prompts

13. "Why did you spare me?"

66. "Do it. I dare you."

No matter how many years she trained, no matter how many punching bags she broke, trainers she's beaten, nothing could have ever prepared her for this.

The real world.

She's heard stories about it from the people in charge of her, but she's never experienced it herself.

The moon. She's never seen the moon before. It looked so... peaceful, hanging in the sky, giving off a soft glow that made her eyes blur for a moment.

She didn't know what to do now. After 16 years of training every day, learning, napping occasionally, she felt unprepared.

The people in charge of her, the Guarders, they called themselves, they told her Gotham City was dangerous at night. They told her she would be the most dangerous of them all.

And she believed them for a while.

But all of that changed when she was let outside into the night. The smell of smoke and dirty garbage filled her sensitive nose, and she felt like she could hardly breathe.

Her silky black hair was kept quite short, in a "bob style" they called it, and it shined in the moonlight. Her pink eyes scanned the alleyway she was placed after they dropped her off.

She was in a skintight black suit, breathable, but barely. It matched her lightweight black ballet shoes and black gloves, and covered the small tattoo of the number seven on her wrist. A small black mask covered over the surrounding skin of her eyes.

'Okay.' She thought to herself. 'Cause a distraction. Try to grab the Batman's attention. Take him down. Kill him.'

Seven scanned the alleyway, and found an abandoned lighter, a teenager probably dropped it on accident, and set a nearby curtain on fire.

Faster than she could blink the flames engulfed the silk curtain, and spread inside the room. She could hear screams, and pretty soon sirens were blaring in the distance.

But that's not what she wanted. Seven wanted Batman to show up. She could only hope she did the right thing to drag his attention over to herself.

Seven waited by the building, and before she knew it, she saw a shadow with a small detail of blue run into the building.

She jumped off the ledge she was sitting on and waited on the ground for the figure to reappear. It was less than two minutes before they did so.

The man was dressed in a black kevlar suit with a blue bird on his chest. But Seven was disappointed. This was Nightwing, not Batman. She didn't need him.

Or did she.

A plan formulated in Seven's head. Kill Nightwing, now that would ought to get Batman's attention drawn to her.

Trying to figure out how exactly she would kill the vigilante, as seeing she had no weapons of any sorts, besides her fists, she looked around her surro un endings for help.

And that's when she saw it. It looked rather harmless in the dark, but to her, all she needed was this jagged piece of glass, and she could kill an army with it.

Seven should know. She's done it before.

Grabbing the piece of glass off the ground, she watched the vigilante out of the corner of her eye before quickly scanning the edges of the sharp shard.

There was spikes in every corner. Perfect for impaling someone. Now all she needed to do was throw it hard enough and accurately into either his throat or his head, and the job will be done.

However, when she looked back at where he was last standing, he wasn't there anymore. Seven quickly surveyed the area around where he was last seen, only to feel a presence behind her.

Without thinking she violently twisted her body and threw the sharp piece of glass in the general direction of the person.

Her heightened senses were screaming at her, and she moved quickly enough just to barely block a punch that was meant for her stomach.

"Who are you? Why did you set that building on fire?" The man asked, and Seven was able to see it was Nightwing who was asking her between trying to knock her out.

Seven easily doged all of his attacks, and sent a few of her own his way. She only managed to get a solid punch to his arm though. Everything else was blocked by either him avoiding them with unnatural flips or sending his own attacks.

She didn't respond for a while, even though he kept repeating his questions over and over agian while they both danced for the longest of times.

Seven was slowly winning more and more. She could tell he was getting more tired and a little slower than usual, but he was still in amazingly good shape for someone who's human.

Eventually the fight died down when he was able to grab her into a neck hold and holy smokes his grip was tight.

"Do it. I dare you." Seven managed to spit out.

She was okay with dying. She always killed people. She always imagined what it'd be like to be the one who dies. She never knew what it was like. And she wanted to know.

But sadly she wouldn't find out that time. She felt the grip on her neck loosen, and completely come off her. She could hear his footsteps move backwards.

Seven painted heavily, keeping her upper body aloft by balancing her weight on her hands pressed against her knees.

The girl could hear Nightwing pant as well, and even heard him sit down on the mucky floor that she wouldn't dare sit on.

"Why?" She managed to ask in between breaths.

"Excuse me?" She heard the vigilante ask her.

"Why did you spare me?" She asked the man.

"You're an amazing fighter, I'll give you that. But I'm also curious, I've never seen you around before. You new to Gotham?"

Seven turned around to face the man, a weird look on her face. "You could say that."

The man chuckled before extending a hand out to her. "Nightwing. What's your name kid?"

Seven just looked at his hand for a moment, thinking over her next decision wisely. "Seven."

The older man quirked an eyebrow. "Is that your real name?"

"Yes. Yes it is."

Okay, quick debrief on Seven's life.

I made her so that she's kind of like Eleven from Stranger Things, but instead of Eleven's abilities she has heightened senses.

Idk I feel like she's also like Cassandra Cain a little bit, but I tried my hardest so that she wouldn't be a copy of her.

So Seven was taken in by the Guarders since birth, and she's lived in her own room for 16 years. No idea of what the real world is like.

I was thinking maybe someday this could become a book, but Idk. But hey, if somebody reading this would like to use my idea, I'm actually okay with it.

As long as you give me credit to where the idea came from is all I'm asking. *shrugs*

But yeah, I'm thinking about possibly drawing her sometime later, and same with Tim's outfit in the previous chapter.

But it's all a matter of if I will have time. *Robin cackles*

Anyway, hope you enjoyed!