Jaytim《●5●》

Prompts

28. "It was you the whole time."

50. "We can't be friends anymore. I'll always see you as something else."

Superheroes

Soulmates

Suggested by a friend of mine, who unfortunately can't get Wattpad, but I wrote this for her a while back and changed a few things to fit the prompts.

Jason lightly touched the small mark on his right shoulder, as he usually did with his scars that he had collected over the many years as Robin and Red Hood.

The ink was a bright red, like the color of a singular speck of blood. He felt shivers go down his spine as he read the name engraved into his skin.

Timothy

He didn't know if the mark was talking about the Tim he was thinking of, or if he'll meet another Tim later in life. Either way, this sucked.

Jason sighed as he looked over himself in the mirror, the bandages wrapped around his chest were white and slightly crumpled from sleeping in them.

He ran his fingers through his hair again, for the fifth time since he woke up, and debated whether he should inform Tim of his mark or not.

I mean, he would find out eventually. They aren't exactly the type of soul marks that only the one can see.

Jason sighed and slipped on a red shirt with the words "Don't talk to me" printed in bold white lettering, clear enough so people would just let him be.

He walked out of his room and grabbed his signature brown bikers jacket before slipping it on and heading out of the door.

Keys in hand as he walked outside, Jason tried to clear his head of all his thoughts about his soul mark. If it ever meant something to Tim, he would tell him.

Maybe.

Jason was still unsure of his relationship with his replacement. He had apologized and Tim had forgiven him, and they worked together from time to time.

They did hang out every once in a while. They were on good terms. And Jason didn't exactly want to ruin that relationship. He didn't know how Tim felt about soulmates.

Starting his car, Jason started his way to Wayne Manor for a family get together. Jason just hoped he wouldn't have to face Tim just yet.

♤•♤•♤•♤•♤•♤•♤•♤•♤•♤•♤•♤•♤•♤

Tim had been ignoring the thoughts of his soul mark all day, and had been successful only half the time. His memories kept coming back to it.

The ink was a blood red, almost black, and had a hint of metallic shade to it. It was written in cursive, but that couldn't stop him from reading the name.

Jason

He was currently sitting at a large dining table, sitting next to Kate and Stephanie, Jason sitting across from him.

Tim had been trying to avoid his gaze for the past two hours since Jason had been there, but also make it seem like he totally wasn't trying to avoid him.

He would catch Jason looking at him for a moment, his face blank and unreadable, from the corner of his eye.

Before Tim knew it dinner had ended, the conversations had stopped, and it was time for Jason, Barbara, Kate, and Dick to separate and leave.

Tim would never admit to it, but he was slightly heartbroken when he watched Jason leave through the front door, and kind of hoped he would stop, turn around, and give him that smile that made Tim's knees go weak.