Eight.

Unexpected Visitor.

Albus and Rose were the first to wake the next morning. Even Mrs Weasley was nowhere to be seen. Albus had always been an early riser, as had Rose, but they were used to their parents also being awake. So when they crept downstairs to an empty living room, Albus felt uneasy. He had been to Grimmauld Place before, his father had never been able to find it in himself to sell it, but Albus had never seen it look so run down and creepy looking. He'd also never seen the portrait of Mrs Black, which had scared the life out of him when he'd first heard her shriek through the house.

"I wonder how it's all going, you know back in our time?" Rose asked softly as she dusted off the sofa, sitting down delicately.

Albus, not bothering to remove any dust or dirt, dropped down heavily onto the sofa, wafting dust over Rose.

"I don't know. Obviously not great or we'd be home by now." Albus grunted.

"Don't be like that Al, I know our parents will be doing everything they can." Rose said.

"Come off it, Rose. If your Mum can't find a way, no one can!" Albus huffed.

"Your dad is head Auror, he's not stupid, Al." Rose argued. "And he's determined to get us home."

"Yeah, but your mum's smarter. She's brilliant." Albus said.

"Just because my Mum was the brightest witch of her age at Hogwarts, doesn't mean she's the smartest witch of all. There are witches and wizards smarter than her at the Ministry." Rose smiled.

"Better not let her hear you say that." Albus smirked.

"We'll be okay, Al. You heard what Uncle Harry said, as long as we stay here, we're safe." Rose said as she leant back into the sofa.

But it was proving harder and harder to convince James that staying inside was for the best. Over the next few days, James became increasingly more desperate to get out of the house.

"Oh come on, Ted! I'm bored stiff! Just five minutes?" James whined.

"No James, it's too dangerous!" Teddy told James firmly.

"I'm not going to blow up the street! I just want some fresh air! We've been stuck in this house for a week now!" James complained.

"James, for once in your life just don't argue!" Albus hissed.

James let out a loud, frustrated groan and stomped up the stairs. Teddy turned back to the dining room to find Harry, Ron and Hermione sat at the table, watching curiously.

"Ginny usually deals with him when he's like this." Teddy shrugged weakly.

"Yeah, I can't quite imagine Harry being the one to tell his kids off." Ron sniggered.

"You'd be surprised. Harry usually deals with the more serious wrong doings of James." Teddy said.

"More serious?" Harry asked nervously.

Teddy glanced over his shoulder before speaking. "James is named after two of the biggest trouble makers known. Before he even knew who your dad and Sirius were, he was trouble."

"What kind of things does he do?" Ron asked, looking more nervous than Harry.

Teddy chuckled at the shocked faces in front of him.

"It's not like that. James is a good kid, he's just not one for following rules. One example of Harry having to deal with him, James broke into his Dads office last year and stole some sort of dangerous artefact. I don't know what it did but Harry ended up having to wipe the memory of eight muggles. He hardly came home from work for over a week cleaning up the mess." Teddy smiled at the memory. "Aunt Ginny was furious."