Five.

Chapter Five - We'll be alright.

It wasn't possible. It couldn't be. Surely they were wrong? He wouldn't leave them like that, surely? How will they go on without him? Nothing will be the same!

These were the thoughts that Ginny found herself repeating in her head. She knew she was probably acting childish, but she didn't care. If she wanted to lock herself in the attic and push over old, dusty tables and chairs in a rage then she would! She couldn't face the pitiful looks or the awkward silences, so she'd locked herself away from it all. She realised that she'd been up there for well over an hour and her family were probably worried. But she needed to be alone. She was tempted to stay up in this attic forever. That way she wouldn't have to face the future and what was going to happen.

After her brief period of grief stricken anger, she'd resorted to sitting in front of the window, her knees tucked up to her chin and her arms wrapped around her legs. She watched the gloomy grey clouds and the rain that fell from them. She couldn't help but smirk to herself as she thought of irony. How fitting, crap weather to match her crap mood. As she reminisced on old memories of her brother, stray tears rolled down her cheeks. Ginny wasn't an overly emotional girl. In fact, she couldn't remember the last time she had cried. She was never one to let her emotions get the best of her, but this was different. It was like she couldn't control it, no matter how hard she tried.

She was so engrossed in her thoughts that she didn't even realise the door was being unlocked. It wasn't until the large wooden door hit the wall that she realised her alone time was over. Her head shot round to reveal Harry holding a stack of books that looked rather heavy.

"Oh, sorry. I didn't realise you were in here. Sirius just wanted me to bring these up here." Harry explained.

Ginny wiped her eyes on her sleeve and stood from her perch on the window. She walked over and took some of the books from Harry, placing them on the table before returning to the window. Only this time, she remained standing, arms wrapped around herself. Harry considered leaving until he heard her sniffle again.

"Are you alright?" Harry asked, carefully stepping towards her. He realised as soon as the words left his mouth that it was a stupid question. Of course she wasn't alright! She'd just found out her brother was going to die. He expected her to fly into another fit of rage and attack him, but she merely turned to look at him, not saying a word, before turning back to the window. Her eyes were red and puffy from crying and her cheeks were streaked with tears.

"It doesn't seem possible." She suddenly whispered. Harry thought he'd imagined it at first. He approached her cautiously and stood beside her. "I just can't imagine him not being here anymore. Any of them."

"I know the feeling." Harry sighed.

"I'm sorry for storming out. Everyone probably thinks I acted like a complete child." Ginny sniffed and chuckled to herself.

"It's alright, you didn't miss much. Although Albus did tell me why we named him after Snape." Harry said.

This caught Ginny's attention. She turned to look at him and raised her brow.

"Apparently he died to save me. He didn't give me any details but apparently I told him Snape was the bravest man I ever knew." Harry responded.