Eleven.

"Okay, so, this story?" Sirius prompted eagerly. 

"Right." Ginny nodded, pulling away from Fred. She returned to her seat, gratefully accepting the comforting hand Harry held out for her. "Where was I?" 

"Harry broke up with you..." Ron said. His face portrayed his confusion. 

"That's right. He broke up with me at Dumbledore's funeral." Ginny said. 

"Wow!" George's eyes doubled in size. "Talk about bad timings, mate." 

"Hey, I didn't want to do it." Harry rolled his eyes. "But, like I said, I had my reasons." 

Ginny squeezed his hand tighter and offered him a small smile. "Your stupid, noble reasons." 

"What were the reasons?" Hermione asked softly. 

This time, Harry responded. "Simple. I did it to keep her safe. You all know that Voldemort will stop at nothing to be the greatest dark wizard. He doesn't care who he hurts in his battle for power. He wouldn't have thought twice about hurting Ginny to weaken me, especially if he knew how much she meant to me." 

"Didn't stop him watching her on the map every chance he got." Ron snickered. Hermione swatted his arm and shot him a warning glare. 

"Like you were any better?" She scolded. 

"You watched me? That's gross." Ginny pulled a face of disgust. 

"Oh, but it's romantic when Harry does it, right?" Ron raised a brow. Ginny's cheeks blushed crimson. Ron shook his head. "No, I didn't watch you. I, um, well, I made a pretty crappy choice about half way into our little mission." 

"Little mission?" Hermione scoffed. "I'd hardly call it little." 

"What did you do?" Harry asked nervously. 

"Before I tell you, I need you all to not attack him. He got an earful from Hermione, and let's just say Mrs. Weasley almost lost her voice from screaming when she found out. It made the Howler she sent in our second year sound like a nursery rhyme." Harry chuckled. 

"Oh God, what did I do?" Ron paled. 

"You abandoned us." Hermione huffed, folding her arms across her chest. 

An echo of surprised gasps followed, accompanied by a few sets of bulging eyes. 

"In my defence, I'd been wearing the Horcrux all day, and we all know what those things are capable of." Ron said, holding his hands up in surrender. 

"What the bloody hell is a Horcrux?" Fred asked. 

"That's an even longer story." Harry shook his head. "Cliff notes version. It's a piece of Voldemort's soul. We had to destroy them to beat him." 

"I don't think now's the time for that story." Ginny said, her eyes flicking to Lily in her husband's lap. 

"I agree." Hermione nodded, placing a protective hand over Hugo's shoulder. 

"That bad?" Remus raised a brow. "Sounds like you've all had quite the journey to reach this happy new life." 

"Let's just say it took a very difficult sacrifice to finish the job." Ginny said, shuddering at the memory.

"Well, it was an easy decision considering the alternative if I didn't do it." Harry shrugged. "But, I see what you mean."

Ginny's eyes narrowed at her husband. "Are you sure you want to have that argument now?"