Chapter 02

The sun peeked through my curtain waking me up from a nightmare free dream. It felt refreshing to have gotten a full nights rest with no nightmares awakening me. I stretched and got up from my bed and slipped into the bathroom to do my morning routine before I head downstairs to cook breakfast.

Once I finish my routine and get dressed for the day I head into the kitchen where i find another woman already cooking breakfast. Feeling shocked and overwhelmed that someone else is doing my job I get upset.

"Um excuse me but what are you doing?" I asked the strange lady.

She jumped turning around and looking at me. "I'm sorry I didn't hear you come in." She clutched her chest. "I was instructed to cook breakfast for six."

"Why would they ask someone else to do my job?" I spoke out loud to no one in particular.

I walked towards Master Knight's office as I reached the door I knocked twice before hearing, "come in."

I opened the door as he looked up to me, smile wavering. "Sir are you replacing me because of last night?" I asked panicking I had no where else to go and I would not be able to get a better job then this.

"No no Faith sit down let's talk." He motioned for me to take the seat in front of his desk. As I sat down I looked to him pleading. "Faith there are some things that you don't know about my family and I think we should talk about them."

I stared at him curiously. "Sir we all have secrets you do not have to tell me anything." I tried to reassure him.

"Faith it's not about a secret dear there are things in the world that you don't know about." He began chuckling at my nervousness. "You see my family are werewolves."

I gasped shocked at what he said before I began to laugh at his ridiculous statement. "You can't be serious sir."

"Dear I'm being truthful here I'm what we werewolves call an Alpha it's kind of like humans have a president wolves have Alphas." He explained while I stared at him quietly mouth agape. "My wife is actually my mate, which means we were made for each other."

I continued to watch him explain this dream like reality. "Faith Griffin is your mate that's why he was acting possessives she worrisome over you." I nodded trying to get my head wrapped around all of this. "He is not good with expressing his feelings but my son loves you dear."

"Why? Why me?" I stammer out. I can not wrap my head around any of this it's not making sense to me.

"Faith it's rare but not uncommon that werewolves are mated to humans." Master Knight spoke. "Normally it happens whenever a human has gone through a lot of trauma and needs someone to love and care for them."

I nodded since what he was saying sounded just like me. "Faith you can call me Alpha Gavin or just Gavin you don't have to call me master."

"But Alpha Gavin what does this mean about my job?" I rushed out worried.

He chuckled at me slightly. "Faith you don't have to worry about that you are apart of this family and you don't have to work to be here." Feeling overwhelmed again I started to breathe heavier getting really light headed. "Faith, dear are you alright?"

But darkness over came me before I could reply. 'Stupid little bitch' he knocked me down making me stumble whenever I tried to stand back up. 'You can't do anything right can you' he slapped me across the face 'you're just worthless like your own mother look at her' I looked towards my mom as he slapped me again tears pricking my eyes. She turned away from me not wanting to make eye contact knowing she allows this monster to do these things to me. 'She won't even look at you because she knows you're worthless' he picked me up from under my arms and slammed me, as hard as his drunken body would let him, into the wall as the darkness covered me like a security blanket.