Seven

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

Y/N

''You look like a mess, did Petra stop by?''

A few minutes had passed and Erwin left the room. I heard the door in front of me open with a creak. Thank god, I wanted this leave this place immediately. Who was Petra? Some other girl he messes around with?

''Hey, do you want to fini-'' Levi starts but I quickly walk over to my bag, picking it up and swinging it over my shoulder.

''No,'' I bluntly state, giving him the fakest smile ever ''ask Petra.''

And with that, I walked away from him and his office. It was too late to go to my class so I decided to sit in the cafeteria and wait for my next class to start. As I sat down I heard footsteps behind me following by a tight hug from behind.

''Y/N!!'' someone yelled cheerfully ''I saw you walking this way and you looked upset, so I thought, why not try to cheer you up?''

It was Hange. I knew it was because there's no way I wouldn't recognise her lovely voice. I've known Hange for the longest time. She was very good friends with my mother and came over a lot. Unlike others, she would always try to help me with school work. After my mother passed away I started to see her less and less because I simply didn't leave my room and didn't want to see anyone. But she always tried to cheer me up, just like now.

''What's the matter?'' she says and sits down on the chair next to me, ''you know you can tell me anything, right? Just like old times. I know it might be awkward because I'm your teacher, but I'm still your family. Sort of.''

''I know Hange,'' I sigh and look down at the ground ''but this isn't something I can tell you or anyone, which makes everything even more difficult and complicated.''

''Love?'' she questions.

It was always like this. It was like she could read my mind. I didn't know how she did it, but she was always spot on with her assumptions.

''How do you always do that?'' I ask her and chuckle.

''Do what?''

''Know exactly what's wrong with me. It's like you can see right through me.''

''it's because you look so much like your mother... facial expressions, body language, everything. I always knew what and if something was bothering her.''

I sigh and bring my hands to my face and shake my head as tears start to burn in my eyes, ''it's just a guy... I don't know. It is just so messed up, it's all so confusing. I can't tell anyone who it is. I can't tell anything because that would ruin his life. But today I found out he is potentially seeing someone else at the same time and that hurts.''

''Did he say he is?'' Hange asks and pats my back gently.

''No... but I overheard a conversation'' I whine.

Slap.

''OW!'' I yell sitting up and looking at her ''what did you do that for?''

''Listen to me,'' Hange says in a serious tone and points her finger at me ''stop assuming things. You did that with Reiner too and yes you were right and he broke your heart, but it's not a good thing to do. Ask him what's up with that other girl.''

''But I don't wanna face him... but the thing is that I have to see him every day.''

Hange frowns, ''is it a classmate?''

''Y-Yeah! A classmate.'' I stutter nervously, trying to sound as convincing as possible.

''Stop lying to me,'' Hange says as she leans back folding her arms in front of her ''I can tell you're lying. I'm not going to judge you, please just tell me. Don't carry this problem on your own.''

I finally gave in and told her about everything. About Levi, the extra classes, the kiss, the... well you know and about Petra. Hange just listened and nodded her head. I couldn't tell what she was thinking and it was making me feel nervous.

''So... yeah,'' I sigh and look away. Then out of nowhere Hange starts to laugh very loud.

''Wow! I should have known! Why didn't I notice earlier!'' she laughs and slaps her knee.

I frown my eyebrows not understanding a single thing. What does she mean why didn't she notice earlier? It's not like neither of us made it obvious.

''Y/n,'' she says as she moves forward and takes my hands in hers ''want to know who wanted you to be class president? Want to know who fought for you to stay at this school? Erwin wanted you to re-do your presentation but guess who said you did well? Yes! Levi! Principal Erwin was having doubts about you because of the few grades you got back, but Levi almost begged him to let you stay. He's never done that for anyone! He never cares about any of his students.''

''Man! I should have known!'' she sighs and lets herself fall back into her chair ''as of Petra, I don't know much about that. Sadly I do know Levi used to see a woman, but that was a long time ago. You need to talk to him. A relationship needs good communication.'' She winks.

''R-Relationship?! Its nothing like that!''

''Yeah, sure'' she giggles and stands up ''promise me you'll talk to him?'' she holds up her hand, wanting a handshake.

''Okay,'' I smile and take her hand in mine ''Hange?''

She tilts her head in response ''Why aren't you lecturing me? He is my teacher, he could lose his job because of this...''

She nods and puts her hands on her hips, ''you both are adults and have to figure that out on your own. I might be ignoring the most important part about all of this, but I want you to be happy after you know who. If this turns into a mess then you two will be the ones who have to clean it up. I'm only giving you love advice.''

I nod and give her a warm smile, ''thank you Hange, for being such a good person.''