Forty eight

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

Y/N

''He told you to wait for him?'' Kurumi asked me as she took a sip of her coffee, cringing as she noticed the amount of sugar she had accidentally added. I simply laughed, already feeling like she had too much in as I watched her put package after package of sugar into her coffee whilst rambling about how annoying the new history teacher is.

''Yeah, he did.''

''What kind of movie or book does he think you live in?''

''Hey,'' I sighed, frowning at her before playfully slapping her arm, ''I thought it was kind of sweet.''

''You're right. I'm sorry.'' Kurumi and I walked through town, coffee in our hands and shopping bags hanging on our arms. We were getting ready for our vacation in France, considering it was summer time and the big break of school was right around the corner. We are going with Kurumi, Kaguya, Tsukasa, Eren and surprisingly Armin and Annie also agreed to come along. It was going to be a good distraction from all the things that are going on, something I really needed.

A few months already passed since I had last seen Levi and obviously— I hadn't seen him ever since. The feeling of confusion, heartache and most of all, missing him, became doable considering Levi told me he was going to wait for me. So, the anxious feeling about him finding someone else got somewhat non-existent but was certainly still there. Like a snake creeping up on me waiting to fucking bite me— that would be if I'd see him with another woman. My love for getting reassurance also wasn't helping as it made not texting Levi way more difficult. I just wanted to know if everything was going well and I wanted to know if he did see another woman. He would tell me, right?

''Earth to Y/N, hello?'' Kurumi waved her hand in front of my face as I had zoned out and was completely in my own world of thoughts and feelings. ''I'm sorry.'' ''it's okay- I was asking if you have everything you need'' she says and I look at the bags hanging on my lower arms, leaving red, burning strings on my skin because of the weight. I nodded as I felt like I had gotten every last thing I needed for our trip to France. We were leaving next month, having our final exams first. The trip only lasts for a week since we have to get back home before getting the results of our exams, which are obviously important. I had to do well. I had to pass my exams because of Levi so I could go and see him. ''Yep, got everything I need,'' I nod and she smiles before taking her car keys out of the pockets of her shorts.

''Y/N?'' someone behind me says and I turn around, meeting the eyes of the woman who just called out my name. I vaguely recognise her face, her soft orange locks just touching her shoulders. She wore a pretty smile and closed her eyes as she did so. She held a paper cup with a plastic lid, probably filled with coffee or tea. She held a black leather handbag in her other hand. ''Do you not remember me?'' she awkwardly says as she notices the puzzled look on my face, ''Petra.'' Ah, her. How could I forget her?

''Oh, hi,'' I purse my lips together as I start to grow awkward. Kurumi narrowed her eyes as she scanned Petra from head to toe before crossing her arms into her chest, ''who are you?'' she asks. ''Petra, Levi's ex,'' she extends her hand, waiting for Kurumi to take it and shake it- which she hesitantly does.

''I wanted to apologise.''

I widen my eyes, clenching my jaw— not sure if I actually heard what she said, or if my mind just made something up. ''You're apologising?'' I cock my head to the side as I want to make sure my ears were not deceiving me. She sighs and shrugs her shoulders before kicking away a loose pebble that's on the ground. ''I lost myself a few months ago- and I didn't mean to. I shouldn't have talked like that to someone younger than I am. It just hurt seeing Levi with someone else, especially with someone like— well, his student. I thought too much of it and forgot you are merely his student. Nothing else. My emotions were high that day and I took it out on you and later on Levi.''

Kurumi side-eyed me and I know she wanted to do nothing more than to tell Petra what's up. I shook my head 'no', telling her I wasn't going to say anything about Levi and I. ''It's ok,'' I simply say, not wanting to waste any more time on this. Levi is not a part of her life anymore- so I don't have to explain anything. ''I was wondering if you have seen him around?'' she continues talking, ''I haven't seen him anywhere and I have to talk to him. I can't give up on him yet.'' She giggles while covering her mouth with her fist. I clear my throat and she continues where she left off, ''My father always wanted us to get married... He even told Levi when I wasn't around— it was embarrassing, to say the least. My father had already planned the wedding, he wanted the theme of the wedding to be about the stars since he knew Levi thought much of it. There were going to be lots of flowers, delicious cake made by one of Levi's closest friends and I was going to wear the most beautiful wedding dress.''

I quirked my brow as I started to grow irritated with the girl in front of me. She looked like a high school girl talking about her crush— funny. It irked me that a whole wedding was already planned between the both of them, probably without Levi even knowing. It wasn't my business and it was in a time when the both of us didn't even know each other. Still, I couldn't help but feel slightly jealous though. Her description of the wedding almost made me imagine it, which was painful.

I don't want to imagine him marrying another woman.

She went on, ''Levi and I met at a tea garden I worked at that time. He kept ordering tea... gosh, I think he ordered around three teapots filled with black tea. I thought it was funny so I said something about it, but he didn't think it was funny and made a comment about how I should mind my own fucking business. He already had a potty mouth back then— and he never changed. I adore that about him. If it wasn't for his best friend Farlan, I wouldn't have seen him again and—''

''Alright, Petra,'' Kurumi groans, ''we've fucking heard enough. We're busy.''

Petra raised both brows at Kurumi's harsh words and shot a desperate look at me, ''he's your history teacher right? Could you please tell him to send me a text? Or call me?''

''I can't. He doesn't go to this school anymore.''

''What? Why?''

''I don't know. You tell me.'' I shrug as take another sip of my coffee whilst tapping my foot on the ground. I wasn't going to bother telling her he got fired, that wasn't her business. She would probably get nosey and will continuously ask why he got fired and if I have a clue of where he works now. ''You have to let him go, Petra,'' I mumble as the plastic of the cup is still pressed against my lips, ''move on.''

I watch her smile fade before nodding once and looking at the watch around her wrist. ''OH- my shift is starting soon. I should go,'' she smiles weakly before walking away from Kurumi and I. ''That was fucking weird,'' Kurumi deadpans as I turn my head to face her.

''Tell me about it.''