ᴛᴡᴏ | ʀɪᴄʜ ʙʀᴀᴛ

Start from the beginning

Our parents money?  Wait, isn't she married?

I turned to face her.

"This doesn't warrant the insults you're hurling at me. And when did you start having the mentality of a poverty stricken person? Wasting money?" I scoffed. "KC i expected better from you."

"The fact that our parents are rich, doesn't mean you should be ignorant, stupid and wasteful Jidenna."

I sure don't grasp her concept of the words ignorant, stupid and wasteful, but I do not think that I'm either of the three. I was only doing what any son of a multi-billionaire would do.

For Christ's sake, the money isn't made for fucking charity. It is made, to be spent. I don't know when that will sink into my sister dearest's head, because it doesn't look like it would anytime soon.

Then she narrowed her gaze at me. "Wait, is it even me you're talking to like this? I've been in this world 10 good years before you Jide, and you're talking to me like I'm your mate?"

Her eyes widened as she smacked her palms together and exclaimed.

The door opened and my mother poked her head in.

"Kelechi, have you woken your brother up?"

My eyes darted from Kelechi to my mother, and then back to a now angry Kelechi who had turned back to face the older version of herself.

"Mummy, did you call me all the way from my peaceful matrimonial home just to wake up this ungrateful being?"

"Then go back to your fucking peaceful matrimonial home and leave me alone." I pulled the duvet cover over my body as I turned away from both of them to face the other side of my bed.

"Jidenna!" My mum chided.

"Mum—"

"Kelechukwu just go. M ga eme ya ihe."
(I'll handle him.)

"That's what you're always saying. Until the day this boy will insult you right in the face." She said and I heard angry footsteps followed by the loud sound of my door being slammed.

There was silence until I heard my mother sigh.

"Jidenna I must not see you in this bed when I come back up." And that was all she said before leaving my room.

Pfft. Drama Queens.

Truth is, I didn't forget about any lesson. I intentionally decided to skip today's lessons. But as usual, any plans concerning skipping school just had to be ruined by my sister.

Fuck her.

My eyes weren't closed for less than a second when the loud and annoying ringtone of my iPhone filled the air. There's no difference between this and a damn alarm clock. The vibrating sound on the night stand wasn't helping issues either.

I rolled over again to reach for the phone on the night stand. Then sat up and picked without bothering to check the caller ID.

"Hello?"

"Jide, where the fuck are you?"

Oh boy.

I ran my hand over my face. "In my bed."

"Jesus Christ. You have to be kidding me. What do you mean in your bed?"

"I mean in my bed, stark naked, but with the covers over me of course. Just waking up after a long night of jerking myself off because Sienna left me high and dry. Is Paula in school?" I smirked.