Quidditch World Cup

Start from the beginning

"I don't fancy him" I replied honestly. A cold slap ran across my face, my mother never slapped me, ever. She really was changing.

"Lucius told me you were hanging around with mudbloods" She spat the word mudblood with so much disgust. Of course the first thing that comes in mind is Draco must've snitched on me. She walked over and grabbed the necklace Hermione had gotten me and ripped it off my neck before throwing it on the ground.

"You disgrace" She spat once more, "you disrespect Lucius for your mudblood friend. He won't like blood traitors" I looked down at the necklace laying on the ground before glaring at her. At least now I knew Draco didn't snitch on me, Lucius Malfoy told my mother knowing she would despise me for it. But what did she mean by 'he won't like blood traitors'? Who exactly was she referring to?

"Don't disappoint me anymore, you know the Malfoy families are powerful" She said before walking outside my room. I stood still glaring at the door with my wrists clenched. She's not my mother. I knelt down beside the broken necklace taking out my wand.

"Reparo" The necklace snapped back fixing itself. Blood-traitor Evelyn Clermont, if that's what I'll be known as, so be it. I looked in the mirror and put my necklace back on.

***

"Apolline," Lucius Malfoy shook my mother's hand. Gabrielle held Fleur's hand while greeting Narcissa Malfoy, she was a beautiful women and even though she looked intimidating there was something soft about her. We met in front of the Quidditch World Cup stadium after using a port key.

"Evelyn" Lucius turned to face me eyeing the necklace on my neck, "What a peculiar necklace you have"

"My muggle born friend got it for me sir" I said with an emotionless face. My mother's eyes widened at the sight as I felt my dad's arm go around my shoulders.

"We should get going Lucius, the minister is waiting" He said.

"Very well. Draco" Lucius looked towards Draco in a black suit. He didn't change too much, just a bit more taller. He put out his arm in front of me and linked arms. The stadium was already incredibly crowded, hundreds of thousands had to be here, it was huge.

"You didn't snitch on me" I muttered to Draco looking forward.

"And that's an awfully short dress"

"Wasn't my choice"

"To impress me?"

"Again, wasn't my choice"

"Blimey dad, how far up are we?" I heard a familiar voice whine. Right above us I saw a group of ginger heads, the Weasleys, next to them was Hermione and Harry. I quickly looked away in hopes they won't notice me with the Malfoys, especially not right now when I had my arms linked with Draco.

"We'll put it this way, if it rains, you'll be the first to know" Lucius stopped to look up at them mocking them. Draco walked up beside his father pulling me with him. The whole time I had my head down, I didn't want them to see me with them.

"My family and Clermont's are in the minister's box, by personal invitation from Cornelius Fudge himself!" Draco bragged looking up at them too. I sighed taking a deep breath and looked up, Harry looked at me confused and then at my arm linked with Draco's. Quickly I pulled my arm away as Lucius gave me a smirk.

"Evelyn?" Harry furrowed his eyebrows looking back down at him. I looked back up into his green eyes and gave him a quick smile then looked away. A weird feeling of guilt rushed over me.

"Don't boast Draco. There's no need with these people. Besides, I'm sure miss Clermont doesn't want to see them right now" He looked towards my direction. My eyes were only glued to the ground not knowing what to say. I wanted to go upstairs and join the Weasley family with Hermione and Harry but Mother will be furious. I already ruined her and now she just feels like a different person, I don't want her to change even further. What would Fleur think? Gabrielle? Dad?