Chapter five (part one)

It had been a couple of weeks since you did anything that was consider new. After the event with Saihara-san and Ouma-kun, you were back to your daily life routine. You usually waking up in the morning, heading off to your part-time job and then going back home for the day. You were not complaining about how unexpected or uninterested your day was, of course, but you were a bit surprised about it. How nothing else happened really. Maybe you were expecting more from it.

Well the word usual may not be the best term, since there were some changes from your surprising encounter that occurred. After introducing Harukawa-san and directing her for an interview, you and her seemed to made a connection. Her first impressions were not the best, but you sort of knew deep down she was not experienced with socializing with others. You could relate to her so much when it comes to that.

You bit a piece of the nutrients bar bitterly. Not having experienced with socializing brought a sour taste to your mood. You were not sure if it really was your inexperience that was holding you from talking to others more casually. For some reason, you felt guilty for lying to yourself about your inexperience. But you were not able to put a finger to your guilt because you don't remember a reason that would make you feel horrible.

You stretched your legs out in order to ease your body, while you continue chewing on your breakfast. You came to this neighborhood park in order to relax, not to worry about anything trivial. Especially since you don't remember much about it. You just need to take in the fresh air of the early morning and enjoy eating through your favorite nutrients bar. It was an unexpected day today for you to wake up early for once. You usually have to rush through your morning routine like you were a part of a training. Well even if you were a part of it, you knew right away your body will give out fairly quickly.

You were glad that at least your advice for her was helpful when she was preparing herself for the interview. She noted that with your guidance, her position was obtained. You needed to remind yourself that you were able to help out someone. That's all that mattered.

Her initial reaction when she heard it was at a maid café made you chuckle a bit. You could tell through her text that she felt embarrassed about working as a maid, but knew that she needed a job. Her facial expressions was not needed for you to comprehend the embarrassment, once you slowly learn what she meant through text.

A sudden breeze blew your hair strands gently, while you were sitting on your bench with your breakfast.

It was a rare moment for your body to relax in this morning since you are usually rushing to get ready. A feeling of nostalgia hits you, like you've felt this feeling before. It was weird to think you have not recognize this easiness in so long, but you remember how you spend majority of your time inside a building.

Inside your small house with only your dad and no one else.

It was not always like that.

You lips pursed with emotions you were familiar with. Feelings you reminded yourself of when you try to recall a memory of your past. Those memories you thought you would not remembered that scarred you and made a single day your burden. Remembering that you were left alone with your father without knowing why the event played.

Your head was hurting and your hands was shaking in front of you when you realized your weak state.

Paralyzed. Confused. Afraid.

Your eyelids fell as you clenched your hoodie to help clear your head.

Take a deep breathe, you noted. Living in the past will do nothing but cause trouble for your dad, who must been through worse between you two. For now you need to repressed your emotions and stay strong. Crying or ranting would not change how things were settled. Especially since you need to get through life in order to help your dad. You got a maid job in order to financial help you guys until you have enough experience to get a well-paid job. You cannot back down now. No matter how tempting it is, you need to stay strong.