Chapter 13

Mira POV

"Ok sweetie say bye to Blake and Eva." I said as I made (y/n) wave goodbye, "Bye-bye sweetie, I'll be back to pick you up tomorrow." Blake said as Eva dragged her away. "Alice, take your brother get in the fridge, and under no circumstances are the two of you to  come out until I say otherwise." I said as I handed (y/n) over to Alice and jumped over the counter, "Mom what's going on?" Alice asked, "NOW ALICE!" I said as I pulled my shotgun out from under the counter.

" I said as I handed (y/n) over to Alice and jumped over the counter, "Mom what's going on?" Alice asked, "NOW ALICE!" I said as I pulled my shotgun out from under the counter

"Don't move. Unless you want your kid's brains splattered on the wall." A man said coldly as he pointed a gun at Alice, "Drop it. You're here for me, not them." I said as I pointed my gun at him, "Do you really wanna see who's got the faster trigger finger? I can guarantee you, you will lose." I said, "Fine." He said, "M-Mom what's going on?!" Alice asked in fear, "Alice fridge now. There's something hidden under the first shelf closest to the door on the inside. There's also a jacket for your brother." I said before Alice ran into the back, a few moments later I heard the fridge door slam shut.

Alice POV

"Ok, Mom said there was something in here to keep us safe!" I said as I looked around under the shelves near where she told me to look after I wrapped (y/n) in the jacket, I felt something, "I-Is this a gun?!" I said as I pulled the gun out from under the shelf.

"Ok, Mom said there was something in here to keep us safe!" I said  as I looked around under the shelves near where she told me to look after I wrapped (y/n) in the jacket, I felt something, "I-Is this a gun?!" I said as I pulled the gun out from ...

"What's going on with her?! Why is all of this happening?!" I said, "W-Want B-Blake!" (y/n) cried, "Shhh, it's ok sweetie, everything will be alright." I said as I comforted him, "Mom will make all of this go away." I said.

Mira POV

"Ok boys, who's first?" I said, suddenly one of the men aimed their gun at me, but I shot him and caught his gun and shot at his buddies until I ran out of ammo in his gun, then I threw it at one of the other men hitting him in the head before the gun hit another man in the head. "And then there were two." I said as I pointed my gun at the leader and pulled the trigger, "Looks like I'm out of ammo." I said as he aimed his gun at me. I grabbed his wrist and made him shoot himself until his aura was drained and then I slammed his head into the counted knocking him out, "Do you really wanna do this? I mean you did just watch me kick all your friend's collective asses in the time it took me to unload six shells." I said before the man ran away, "Finally someone whos smart." I said.

"Alice sweetheart I'm coming in." I said as I opened the fridge door, "MOM!" Alice cried as she hugged me, "I was so scared Mom. We heard all the shooting and I thought the worst." She said, "I'm sorry sweetie." I said, "Wheres your brother?" I asked, "He's under a box. I felt that it was the best place for him to hide." She said as she lifted a cardboard box off her brother, I picked (y/n) up, "Someones tired. Alice, I'll explain everything at home." I said.

I put (y/n) to bed in the guest room. "What was all that at the cafe?" Alice asked, "Well sweetie, before you were born I was in the Atlesian military. My service number was 117. I was the best, but my partner Cory was always there by my side. She was even there when you were born." I said, "That doesn't explain anything." She said, "Well that's because she convinced me that I needed to leave that life behind me. That's also why we don't go visit grandma and grandpa." I said, "And those men?" She asked, "They were members of the Mob. They've been trying to take the cafe for a while now and well I've had to...forcibly negotiate with them every time. This was the first time they've gone after you though." I said, "Mom why didn't you tell me sooner?" She asked, "Because I like our life we have, but you're a smart girl. You would've figured it out sooner or later." I said, "Mom no more fighting. Next time call the police and let them handle it." She said, "Alright honey, now try and get some rest, you've had a long day." I said before I hugged her and kissed her forehead, "Night Mom." She said, "Good night honey." I said.