Chapter 40 - Top 10 Conference

Start from the beginning

"Anytime, they won't be bothering you again." I said with a smile.

"Electra!" A police officer yelled running over to the lady. "We can look after everything from here, you should get going or you'll be late for the conference."

Oh shit that took too much time.

"Thanks!" I yelled jumping back to the tops of the buildings to get there faster.

I hear my phone and pull it out having a look at all of the messages from my publicist asking where the hell I was.

The place was packed when I arrived and I hurried around to the rear entry we were instructed to go. I sneak quietly in the back and open the dressing room door. As soon as I opened it I see the other top 10 hero's all in seats getting makeup and hair done. I smile when I see hawks talking to his publicist.

"There you are!" I hear my publicist scream. "Your late and OMG look at the state your in!" She looked me up and down noticing I had ran into trouble.

This is so embarrassing everyone can hear her.

"You should see the other guy." I laughed awkwardly at my lame joke.

My publicists name was Mary she was pretty over the top and was super excited I got into the top 10 this billboard charts and was also angry I didn't attend the event. She was also fairly mad when Hawks and I went public without telling her.

The hair and makeup staff quickly rush over and try to fix up my messed up hair and cut on my face. They quickly push me into a chair and start to clean me up.

Hawks walks over sitting on the chair next to me.

"Hey, you run into some trouble?" Hawks asked with a kind smile.

"Oh yeah, it was nothing just some thugs." I said slightly in pain as the hair stylist pulled on my hair.

Just then Mary cuts in, "That cut on her cheek can you make it less visible?" She asked the make up team giving my cheek a poke. She then turned to hawks and I pulling out a small stack of papers, "Okay so I've been talking with Hawks publicist and we agreed that any questions that come up about your relationship should be answered by Hawks." Mary said looking through the papers. They must have had a list of some of the questions that they were going to ask

"Oh yeah, I'm okay with that." I said, damn dodged a bullet there.

"So as long as you don't have any more surprises hidden around the corner that you haven't told me about this should be pretty smooth." She said giving me some side eye about the whole boyfriend thing.

I look over at Hawks and give him a smile. "Nope nothing I can think of."

Unless you count working for the league undercover, being blackmailed by Dabi who has a weird fascination with me oh and not to mention the fact that I'm pregnant. Ohh god Mary's gonna kill me when that comes out.

"Right your all on now!" I hear a voice from the end of the hall call out.

We get microphones put on and an earpiece to our publicists. We all walked out into a stage with a long table and seats with our names on them. I was in between Mirko and Crust. Hawks was at the other end with Endeavor and Edgeshot.

I sat nervously and prayed for easy questions.

The first few questions were for Endeavor, some about what he was going to be like as a new leader and some about what his vision was as the new symbol of peace. If he even wanted to go by that. Just then I hear my name and wake up from my trance.

"So Electra, your currently the youngest hero in the top 10 what advice can you give other young aspiring hero's?" The MC asked looking at me.

Oh this was an easy question.

"Yeah so it's important to have your own ideals to become your own hero. Idolising someone is great but becoming your own hero is what's going to help you stand out." I said with a smile. This was textbook stuff nothing that was going to get Mary angry.

"Perfect answer" I hear Mary say in the ear piece.

The event went on and I had a few more questions, finally the dreaded questions I was waiting for came.

"So Hawks and Electra, you two went public after the second nomu incident. What chose you to go public at that time?" He said looking between Hawks and I.

"Remember let Hawks answer" I hear Mary say in my ear.

You don't need to tell me twice lady.

I sat back slightly blushing waiting for Hawks response.

"Normally it's pretty risky for us hero's to go public with our relationships but I mean like look at her." Hawks said pointing over to me causing me to blush even more. "Man, I had to make it public before someone else tried to date her." He laughed at the end of his sentence.

Ohh kill me now. I thought sinking into my chair feeling my cheeks almost on fire at this point.

I hear Mary in my ear to Hawks publicist quietly. "That's not what he was supposed to say." She said.

I tried to cool myself down by taking a sip of the cup of water in front of me.

"So can we expect a little hero family anytime soon?" The MC asked with a joking tone.

I almost choked on my water. I pretended to clear my throat while also trying not to die inside.

Hawks laughed as he answered. "Whoa now we're just taking it a step at a time." The MC laughed along with Hawks.

The room was full with fans and reporters filling up the seats in front of us and even standing down the walkways. Thankfully it was time for us to make our exit. We all get up and slowly walk offstage. I was just in front of Hawks when I hear him call out my name.

"Electra!" Hawks said from behind me.

I suddenly hear a bunch of girls gasp and scream.

I turn around and see Hawks on one knee holding a little black box.

Ohhhh no