Chapter 52

And we hit 300K... I'm sending you all big thank yous and hugs and kisses (virtual of course because we gotta social distance ✌🏻)

I went back to the first chapters the other day and my god... the cringe... thank you for still reading because I would've stopped after 3 chapters lol

Enjoy :)

▬۩▬

Sunday morning started with yet another training session. Draco, sitting on his black and silver Nimbus 2001, watched Juliette carefully from a small distance. His feet were resting on the revolving stirrups, which Juliette was secretly jealous of. Her temporary Shooting Star wasn't very comfortable to sit on, and it definitely didn't have any stirrups to support her feet.

"Faster," Draco ordered. "I counted to fifteen."

"Easy for you to say." Juliette complained, slowing down as she reached him. "Your broom is faster."

"Sucks for you. Do it again." He replied, unimpressed.

Juliette huffed and flew back to her position. Draco was teaching her how to do a Dive and Pull Up, also known as Wronski Feint, a tactic where a Seeker pretends to spot the Snitch far below and follows it, hoping the other Seeker will copy. Seconds before reaching the ground, the Seeker pulls up and causes the opposing Seeker to crash. Draco informed her that Viktor Krum performed the tactic frequently, which didn't encourage her at all. She didn't believe that she could perfect a diversion move that was used by a famous Seeker in one day.

First of all, diving from a high vantage point rendered her extremely anxious. Seeing the ground come closer to her face created the fear of crashing and breaking her neck, thus causing her to pull up very early. The second issue was her being slow. Because of her slight fear of diving, she couldn't help but fly way slower than she should. Her old and sluggish broom didn't help the situation either.

Draco showed her the move a couple times so she could understand better, but she never came close to what he could do. He was fast, quick and confident. He knew what he was doing and he had a Nimbus 2001. It felt like he performed the move in the blink of an eye whereas she wasted fifteen seconds in the air, thinking if she was going to crash and die.

Juliette redid everything over and over again until she managed to get close enough to the ground before pulling up. It was nerve-racking and it made her want to scream I'm going to die, but she knew Draco would tell her maybe she should reconsider the whole Seeker thing if she was so afraid, so she kept her mouth shut. In the end, it still put a smile on her face when she completed the manoeuvre and earned a well done from Draco.

"Nine seconds, by the way. Not bad." He added, but before Juliette could celebrate her small victory he moved on to the next lesson. He demonstrated how to do a more advanced version of Weaving, and explained how to keep the control of your broom without losing balance. It was relatively easy. And more fun, since she got to do it with Draco.

They started side by side, Draco staying slightly behind so they wouldn't crash into each other. Weaving opposite directions, they drew invisible zigzags in the air while trying to evade each other. Draco had to slow down a little so Juliette could keep up with him.

"This is fun!" Juliette exclaimed, her giggles accompanying them.

"Just know that it's not going to be as fun during an actual game." Draco replied. His words weren't enough to wipe the smile off of Juliette's face. Soon enough, they forgot about practicing completely. If someone were to look up from the benches of the Quidditch Pitch, they would see the two of them soaring in the air, letting the wind guide them.