Chapter 51

This chapter was a nightmare to write. I got stuck on each sentence for some reason but it's finaaalllly done. Enjoy* :)

▬۩▬

  On Friday, Juliette borrowed Quidditch Through the Ages from the library to learn more about the fouls, tactics and rules of the game. Madam Pince warned her not to maltreat it, apparently it was very popular among students and it barely stayed on the shelves. On Saturday, she officially started her Quidditch training after breakfast. It was Draco's idea to do so, even though she told him he didn't have to spend his weekend helping her.

"Snitchnip. It's a foul that occurs when any player who's not a Seeker catches or touches the Snitch." Juliette read from the book. "You asked me what that was."

"Yes, I know what Snitchnip means. Thank you." Draco rolled his eyes. He glanced over his shoulder to see Juliette following him, her head buried in the pages. "I can't believe you're bringing a book to a training."

"Did you know that there are about 700 fouls in Quidditch?" Juliette ignored him.

Draco hopelessly shook his head and kept on leading her towards the Quidditch Pitch.

Right after the entrance, he took a turn and walked deeper into a badly illuminated corridor.

"Where are you going?" Juliette asked, finally looking up from her book.

"To get a broom." He answered, disappearing from her view. Out of curiosity, she followed him. She's never been beneath the platforms, where only players were allowed. It wasn't glorious or awe-inspiring. It felt like the sitting platforms above were going to collapse any second, especially with the wind outside.

She hurried after Draco, clutching the book to her chest.

"Are we actually going to fly today?" Juliette asked as he walked towards a wooden door.

"Yes."

"But isn't it a little windy?" She asked unsurely.

Draco sent her a disinterested look. "Forgive me, does Her Majesty the Queen wishes to postpone the training to another date along with the tryouts?"

Juliette rolled her eyes, but an amused smile still crept across her face.

"Besides, we are not going to fly. You are." Draco corrected her, opening the door which led them outside again. There was a small cottage-like building only a few feet away from them. A plank above the door had the word "Brooms" scribbled onto it.

"Wait, what do you mean-"

"This is the broomshed, where you'll find brooms, obviously." Draco interrupted her. "If you ever get your own broom, you can store it here. But I don't recommend it."

"Why?" She asked, "Also, what do you mean you won't fly?"

"Because they tend to frost during winter. And you never know when a simpleton will use your broom without even asking." Draco answered, opening the door to a small room with more than a dozen brooms inside that looked exactly the same except for one or two. "And I won't fly because I don't need to. Now grab one."

He held the door open for her as she cautiously stepped inside. These were the broomsticks they used in first year for their Flying classes. It was fun at first, but then staying on the broom started to get uncomfortable, especially with a skirt. And learning how to polish one was even worse. Juliette felt conflicted as she stood in the middle of the building, looking at the brooms that Cedric always used. She was unsure, yet excited at the same time.