Chapter 30

This is an important chapter but it kinda sucks because I feel like I could've done better :s 

I hope you like it,

▬ ▬ ▬۩▬ ▬ ▬

   "Alright, let's play a little game." Juliette suggested with fake enthusiasm. "I'm going to walk in and have my lunch while you keep going on your way and forget what you just saw. Deal?"

Draco looked at her with a frown. Anyone who walked past by him could see the question marks swimming around his head.

"No deal." He answered, carefully taking in Juliette's appearance. Her hair was a pure mess, announcing the world that she just woke up from a deep sleep. Her robe wasn't tied, which enabled Draco to see her wrinkled shirt.

"Draco, no offence but I really don't have time for this." Juliette sighed with a grimace. "I'm tired. So if you could just please–"

"You know, I really don't appreciate being left in the dark every time something happens to you." He interrupted her as if he was bottling his opinion about the situation up for weeks.

Juliette wanted so desperately to faint again so she could escape from the very moment.

"You're not being left in the dark. Even I don't know what's happening to me." She replied with a dull expression, same as her voice, and hoped it would be enough to stop him from interrogating her. At least for the moment.

Draco unsurely averted his eyes, examining his surroundings as if asking for help to make her confess. Out of the corner of his eye, he saw Blaise leaning against a wall, waiting for his friend to head back to the Slytherin common room. His dark eyes were carefully watching Draco and Juliette, who reminded him of two opposite sides of a magnet.

He turned his attention back to Juliette, who looked more than ready to end the conversation and leave.

"You know, you should consider sharing things about yourself with others every now and then." Draco suggested, trying not to sound too frustrated. If Juliette looked closely, she could see his fingers fidgeting unconsciously.

She helplessly bit her lip, irritation slowly dominating over her feelings. She was tired of people asking her what was wrong just to leave her stranded without offering their help once they learned the truth.

"Thank you for your advice but I'm okay." She replied, her feet itching to get away. Her faint headache reminding her the necessity of talking to Snape about the events of the morning.

Draco tried not to look offended or annoyed by her careless answer but he couldn't help his emotions taking over his face in the form of a very familiar scowl.

He took a step closer to Juliette, getting rid of the small space in between, and looked down at her.

Juliette hated the way he was trying to show his dominance, yet she welcomed his closeness with a hitched breath and blushed cheeks. His warm breath gently touched the redness on her skin before disappearing into the air.

The annoyance on his face was conflicting with the strange feelings that kept blossoming in the pit of Juliette's stomach that it confused her terribly to an extent where she forgot why she was standing in front of the Great Hall in the first place.

"And you wonder why you don't have any friends." Draco spat without thinking, causing a frown to form on Juliette's face. His not-so-polite words brought her back to the earth, bursting her bubble and making her lips part with shock.