Chapter 27

Look at the end of the chapter for a surprise to make your day/night better.

▬ ▬ ▬۩▬ ▬ ▬

    Juliette, startled by Draco's unexpected appearance, unconsciously stepped away from Neville. "No, of course not." She answered quickly with surprised wide eyes.

A short silence followed her reply.

"What are you doing here?" She asked with a confused frown. By the looks of it, he seemed perfectly healthy to be in the Hospital Wing.

"Do I need a reason to be here? This is a public space, you know." He answered with a voice that sounded a bit defensive.

"You're not even injured." Neville's timid voice hesitantly intervened. He was looking over his shoulder to see Draco since he was standing behind him. His chin and lips were barely visible, it seemed like he was using his shoulder as a shield.

Draco sent him a harsh glare, visibly rendering him more nervous than he already was. "Thanks for pointing out the obvious, you dumb–" Noticing the wide eyed warning coming from Juliette, he abruptly stopped talking and reluctantly swallowed the insult he was more than ready to spit.

He uncrossed his arms and lazily put his hands in the pockets of the school pants he was wearing before clearing his throat. "I wanted to speak to you." He announced with a serious expression.

Juliette unsurely glanced at Neville, and then Madam Pomfrey. She was lecturing Nigel, who was holding an empty cup in his usable hand, about being more careful while flying.

"Okay." Juliette said, turning her gaze from the nurse to meet Draco's. "But you have to wait until Madam Pomfrey comes." She could see the surprised look Neville was giving her from the corner of her eye. She was almost sure that it was because of her agreeing to talk to Draco.

"Fine." He complied and nonchalantly walked around Neville's bed to see what Juliette was taking care of. His eyes carefully examined the marks on Neville's arm before taking in the sight of Juliette holding a red cloth.

"What happened, Longbottom?" He asked with a worried frown that suspiciously looked fake and far from genuine. "Had a fight with your plant friends again?"

Neville grimaced while still having difficulty in maintaining eye contact with Draco. "No." He answered with a tone that immediately gave away his lie.

Draco opened his mouth to say something, probably mock the poor boy, but Madam Pomfrey's delayed arrival interrupted him. "Alright, Mr. Longbottom, what is it this time?" She asked with a tired expression.

Neville glanced at Juliette, silently asking for help. Little did he know that she would never lie to Madam Pomfrey especially when it concerned someone's health.

"He got bitten by a Venomous Tentacula." She answered for Neville, saving him from his misery. Well, at least she thought she was saving him. Neville, on the other hand, was blushing with embarrassment.

Draco's little snicker went ignored by everyone.

"Oh, Mr. Longbottom, will you never learn?" Madam Pomfrey complained before turning to Juliette with a tired smile. "You can go now, dear. Your help is much appreciated."

Juliette gave her a short nod. "Thank you, Madam Pomfrey." She said and sent a friendly smile to Neville, "Bye, Neville." and headed towards the other side of the room to get rid of the soiled cloth she was holding and to clean her hands. Neville tried to wave after her but he accidentally used his wrong arm, which resulted in him wincing in pain.