Chapter 13

After childishly but successfully avoiding Cedric at the dinner table, Juliette was now getting ready for bed.

She folded her school uniform and gently put it in her wardrobe. Her white nightgown's weightless skirt was following her around, showing off its silk material, as she grabbed her hair brush before sitting on the bed.

Her roommates always thought that it was odd for her to brush her hair before bed and wear an expensive nightgown when the others always put on a random jumper and sweatpants that didn't match.

"Ugh." Hannah Abbott's annoyed gaze was on her bedsheets which were covered with fur. She put her hands on her hips and looked at Juliette; who was too busy with brushing her hair, making it look softer and more volumed. "Can you please tell your cat to stop lying on my bed?"

Juliette stopped her movements before glancing at Hannah from across the room. "I apologise. But it's not like he's going to listen to me. He's a cat." Elvis listened the conversation with disinterest from Juliette's bed.

Hannah rolled her eyes and tried to clean her sheets from cat fur as much as she could. It was a good thing that she didn't have allergies.

"So..." Susan Bones plopped down on her unmade bed and meaningfully looked at Juliette. "What's going on between you and Malfoy?"

Juliette, looking surprised, put her hair brush down. Elvis inspected the object with his paw. "What?" She couldn't understand why her roommate would ask her such a question when they barely even talked in general.

"Well, we all heard about how he argued with Harry Potter and his friends for you." She said with a shrug. Hannah and Megan Jones, her other roommate, were expectantly looking at Juliette as well. The fifth girl that they shared the dormitory with seemed to still be downstairs, in the common room.

Juliette didn't even dare to wonder how something that happened only an hour or two ago could spread around this fast. "He didn't do it for me. They weren't even bothering me." She looked away, feeling uncomfortable under their gaze. "Besides, he always taunts Harry."

The three girls shared suspicious glances. It was obvious that they didn't believe Juliette's vague explanation.

"It's interesting how he hates everyone who's not a Slytherin, except for you." Hannah made a comment as she laid down on her bed.

Juliette wanted so badly to turn around and ask What do you even know about him? but she knew better than to start an argument that she couldn't win. Instead, she put her hairbrush away and silently laid beneath her blanket. Elvis searched for a perfect spot for himself and finally curled up next to Juliette's feet.

▬ ▬ ▬۩▬ ▬ ▬

The next morning, she opened her eyes with the memory of Snape giving her a detention. As she headed towards the Great Hall for breakfast, she came to the conclusion that it couldn't be as bad as it sounds. She was, just like Draco had mentioned, the teacher's pet. Not because she always got good grades and knew all the answers to the most complicated questions, but because she never disobeyed or argued with teachers. There wasn't a single teacher in Hogwarts that she didn't offer to help; and with these qualities, she's managed to avoid getting detention. Until last night. It didn't surprise her that Snape was the one to be the first.

After breakfast, Juliette hurried to her first class which was Transfiguration. She wasn't as successful as Cedric at the subject but she loved that class.

The classroom was half empty when she arrived. She quietly walked towards her usual desk and sat down. Her bag was resting on the floor near her feet. She could see Hermione and another Gryffindor girl talking in front of the room. She didn't know where Harry or Ron was but she was determined to avoid the trio as much as she could since she didn't want to talk about the argument of yesterday with them. It was embarrassing as it was.