Chapter 36

Monday, June 5 approached quickly. Juliette was snacking on potato chips, completely unaware of the importance of the day. 

She was supposedly doing her homework but other things were occupying her mind. Cedric's experience at the last location of The Triwizard Tournament, for example. He said it was a huge maze and he seemed excited by it, and a little bit nervous. He also mentioned the appearance of Mr Crouch. He says he didn't see him but apparently Harry Potter was confident that it was him, looking disheveled and acting weird like a mad person. Juliette found it weird. It somehow triggered her worries about the final task of the tournament. She just wanted it to be over soon.

Besides that, she also spent her weekend with Professor Trelawney. To be honest, it wasn't as bad as Juliette had expected. Trelawney didn't want to rush her, so she thought Juliette how to meditate first. She said it was a key element of reaching the Inner Eye and that a Seer had to know how to detach herself from the real world to see. Juliette found it a bit boring at first, sitting on a red cushion while trying not to fall asleep. But she couldn't deny that she felt unexpectedly relaxed and stress-free when their session has ended. Of course, she didn't see any visions or anything but she was satisfied. It eased her worries, told her it wouldn't be so bad after all while patting her on the back.

On Sunday, Trelawney asked Juliette if she was reading The Dream Oracle. Juliette said yes, not revealing that she's only read the introduction. Then, Trelawney asked her to take out her wand, which was unexpected and surprising. Juliette didn't know Seers needed their wands to look into the future, but she obeyed her teacher anyway.

Trelawney took the wand from Juliette. It looked to be around 11 inches. It was a handsome looking wand, dyed completely in black; but as Trelawney lowered her hand, inspecting it closely, she realised that the bottom part looked like it was peeled harshly as burgundy coloured scales broke through the black surface very subtly, resembling the armour of a dragon, or the skin of a snake. They were almost blood red, blending beautifully with the colour black.

"What is the core of your wand?" Trelawney asked curiously.

"Dragon heartstring." Juliette answered, wondering why the professor was interested in her wand.

"And the wood?"

"Silver Lime." Juliette answered, knowing the answers by heart, and Trelawney's eyebrows shot up the same time.

What now? Juliette wanted to ask but she managed to hold her tongue.

"That's interesting. Do you know the story of Silver Lime wands?"

Juliette didn't answer for a moment. She could remember the day she held her wand for the first time when she was eleven. She fell in love with it, even before Ollivander told her about how the wood of her wand was very popular years ago, as well as how the wands with dragon heartstring were powerful, prone to learn quickly and they should also be handled carefully since they were easily responsive to dark arts.

"I know it was popular for some time." Juliette said unsurely.

"Yes, in the 19th century. Very attractive wands, these are." Trelawney put the wand on the table, pushing it towards Juliette. "The demand was so high that there was not enough supply anymore for those who wanted it."

Juliette glanced at her wand, not understanding why she was telling her about things that's happened years ago.

"They also have a reputation for performing best for Seers. Or for Legilimens, but that's beside the point."