Chapter 7 ~ My Funny Friend and Me

After Harry and I had pitched the tent and Hermione did all the enchantments and created a sling for Ron's arm, we all headed inside the tent. It was like the one we stayed in for the Quidditch World Cup. It looked small on the outside, but it was much bigger once we got inside. It amazed me how Hermione knew exactly what to pack in that bag of hers.

"So what do we do now?" I asked as we got settled in the tent.

"Well, can we figure out sleeping arrangements?" Hermione suggested.

"I call that one!" Harry and I shouted, pointing at the bed that was at the bottom since it was a bunk bed.

"You're not getting that bed, Max. I called it first," Harry said.

"No, I called it first," I retorted.

"No, you didn't," he protested.

"Yes, I did," I snapped.

Harry and I looked at each other for another moment and then ran for the bed. After I had jumped on the bed, Harry jumped on top of me, squishing me.

"Harry, get off of me! You're suffocating me!" I shouted, barely being able to breathe.

"Not until you give me this bed!" he insisted.

"But I was here first! I also called it first!" I retorted.

Hermione came over to us and pushed us off the bed and onto the floor. "That bed is for Ron. He already called it. I'm sleeping above him, so you two can go argue for the bottom bed over there," she said, pointing at the other bunk bed across the tent.

We scrambled off the floor and dashed for the bunk bed across the tent. After arguing for quite a while, Harry ended up getting the bottom bed and I was stuck at the top.

I was starting to get hungry a few hours after I had lost the bottom bed to Harry. I was on the top bed, holding my hands up in the air, looking at my fingers.

"Max, what the hell are you doing?" Harry asked me, giving me a funny look.

"Oh, I'm just naming all my fingers," I replied, making Harry roll his eyes at me. "See this one?" I asked him, showing him my middle finger, shoving it in his face. "This one's name is Harry."

"Oh, will you grow up?" he asked, slapping my hand away. "It's just a bed, Max."

"What if I have to vomit in the middle of the night? Do you really want me to vomit all over you?"

"Well, if you do vomit all over me, I'll make you sleep outside," he said.

I shot him a frown, sitting on my back once again. "Some brother you are."

He chuckled, shaking his head. "I'm only messing with you."

"Yeah, yeah, whatever," I said, shooing him away. "Now leave me alone so I can name my other fingers."

Harry laughed out loud, making me laugh with him. "You're so weird, Max."

"But you love me, " I reminded him. Once I got bored, I got off the bed and landed on my feet, sighing. "So where's Hermione? I'm starving."

"I think she went to go get food, actually," Harry said.

"Well, she better be back soon," I said, going in Hermione's bag and getting my rucksack out. I threw it on my bed and then looked down at my bracelet. I saw the dog charm and thought about Sirius. "Do you still have the ring that Sirius gave you?" I asked Harry.

"Yeah, I do. I just never wear it," he replied.

"Why not?"

He shrugged his shoulders. "I don't want it to fall off my finger whenever we're fighting and whatnot."

"Harry." I shot him a serious look. "Seriously, why don't you ever wear it?"

He huffed a sigh, looking down at his feet. "I don't want to remind myself about the pain that we went through the night he died. When that curse hit him, I felt like a piece of me died with him, and I don't want to feel that way again."

I gave him a sad look and shook my head as I walked up to him. "You won't ever feel that way again," I said, rubbing his arms. "After all of this is over, you won't have to feel that pain anymore."

Harry was beginning to cry now. "I don't want you to feel that pain, either," he said. "I want you to be happy."

I gave him a sad smile. "I will be happy," I told him. "I always tell myself that everything is going to be okay after all of this is over. I think about my future and how happy I'll be once You-Know-Who is finally dead."

"How do you know that will happen?" Harry asked.

"I don't know if that will happen, Harry," I replied. "But I don't want to give up on that dream."

Harry gave me a weak smile and chuckled a little. "I'm glad there's an optimist in the group."

"Hey, guys! I brought back some food!" Hermione shouted from outside. "Hurry up before Ron eats all of it!"

"Hey!" Ron said from outside.

"Finally!" Harry and I exclaimed with joy at the same time as we headed outside to finally satisfy our stomachs.

*******

The rest of the day went on like any other day. The four of us sat around, eating the rabbits that Hermione had killed while we talked about the old days at Hogwarts, the fun days we had together. It seemed as if we had been dealing with Voldemort ever since our first year at Hogwarts. I didn't understand why he decided to hide on the back of someone's head. The thought made me want to gag a little.

That night, after Ron had fallen asleep, I took the radio that he had beside him and took it outside with me. I switched it to a music station and placed the radio beside me. I looked up at the sky and stared at the stars in awe as a new song began to play on the radio.

"Hey," Harry said as he walked up from behind me. "What are you doing out here?"

I shrugged in response. "I just want to be out here, I guess," I replied smoothly.

"The sky is beautiful tonight," Harry commented.

"It is," I said, nodding my head in agreement.

"Max?"

"Yeah, Harry?"

"We'll stick together, right?"

I gave him a funny look and laughed a little bit. "Of course we will. Why would you ask a question like that?"

He shrugged his shoulders. "I just don't want to repeat fifth year, that's all."

"We won't," I assured him. "We won't repeat fifth year. We'll always have each other."

"Promise?" He stuck out his pinky.

"I promise," I repeated, linking my pinky with his.

It would always be us. It would always be my funny friend and me.

A/N: Ugh, that's my song. For real, tho. XD

The song is at the top. It's My Funny Friend And Me by Sting from The Emperor's New Groove aka one of the best Disney movies ever. XD

Anyway, one more semester and I graduaaaaaaate! :D Ugh, crazy or what? I'll be out of high school soon!

This was really a filler chapter, but you guys seem to like my chapters anyway.

Oh, and 1K reads already?! You guys are amazeballs. :D Love you! <3

So yeah, comment, vote, bc I said so. ;)

-A