Chapter 22 ~ Decisions, Decisions...

The four of us began running after we saw where Voldemort was. There was now a lot of fighting going on than before. The entire castle was under attack and everything was practically destroyed. Walls were torn down, people were fighting, and spells were flying out of wands. It was chaotic. My home was being destroyed.

We were dodging spells as we were trying to get past all the fighting so we could find Voldemort. We ran into spiders and more Death Eaters. We shot spells at them and blocked every single spell that was meant for us. As we got past the Death Eaters, we spotted Fenrir Greyback devouring Lavender Brown.

I took a glimpse of Lavender's body, seeing flashbacks of her from a year ago. It hurt my heart to see her gone so soon, despite what she did to Hermione.

"No!" Hermione shouted, getting Greyback's attention. She shot a spell at him, sending him flying through a window.

The four of us continued to run until we saw Dementors heading our way. All of a sudden, a flash of blue light came from behind us. We turned to see that Aberforth was the one who sent the Dementors away. Before I got the chance to thank him, Harry and the others began running again, so I followed them.

We stopped when we got to where Voldemort was at. We crept quietly against the window and waited for someone to speak.

"You have performed extraordinary magic with this wand, my Lord, in the last few hours alone." We heard Snape tell Voldemort.

"No," Voldemort said. "No, I am extraordinary, but the wand resists me."

"There is no wand more powerful," Snape pointed out. "Ollivander himself has said it. Tonight, when the twins come, it will not fail you. I am sure of it. It answers to you and you only."

"Does it?" Voldemort questioned. "The wand. Does it truly answer to me? You're a clever man, Severus. Surely you must know. Where does its true loyalty lie?"

Not with you, Voldy, that was for sure.

"With you, of course, my Lord," Snape replied.

"The Elder Wand cannot serve me properly because I am not its true master. The Elder Wand belongs to the wizard who killed its last owner. You killed Dumbledore, Severus. While you live, the Elder Wand cannot truly be mine. You've been a good and faithful servant, Severus, but only I can live forever."

"My Lord--"

THUD!

I gasped, covering my mouth with my hand. We stared at Snape's back as he fell against the wall.

"Nagini, kill."

We watched as Nagini struck at Snape numerous times, some blood splashing on the glass. After a few more seconds of Nagini striking at Snape, the snake Apparated with Voldemort.

We ran inside and found Snape bleeding on the floor. Harry and I ran over to him and stared at him. I gave him a sympathetic look as Harry cupped his face with his hand.

Snape looked at us. He began to cry. Then, he lifted up his hand and pointed at the tear. "Take it," he told us, his voice cracking.

"Hermione, get me a vial," I said to Hermione, turning around to face her.

She handed me a vial from her bag. I pressed it against Snape's cheek and let the tear fall inside the vial. I closed it and placed it in my pocket.

"Take it to the Pensieve," Snape told us. "Look at me." We looked at him, holding a long stare. "You two have your mother's eyes," he said before sighing one last time. After that, he was gone.

"He's dead," Harry whispered.

Dead. Snape was dead, killed by the one he was most loyal to. He was the one Voldemort trusted, and he betrayed him.

"I can't believe Voldemort killed him just because the Elder Wand was resisting him," I said.

"That can't be true about what Voldemort said about the owner of the wand, right, Max?" Harry asked me, talking about the Elder Wand.

"No, it can't," I replied. Because one of us owned the Elder Wand. Voldemort was wrong.

All of a sudden, Voldemort was back in our heads again. Hermione was covering her ears, Ron was leaning against the wall, Harry was in a corner, and I closed my eyes.

"You have fought valiantly, but in vain. I do not wish this. Every drop of magical blood spilled is a terrible waste. I therefore command my forces to retreat. In their absence, dispose of your dead with dignity.

"Harry and Maxine Potter, I now speak directly to you two. On this night, you two have allowed your friends to die for you, rather than face me yourself. There is no greater dishonor. Join me in the Forbidden Forest and confront your fate. If you two do not do this, I shall kill every last man, woman, and child, who tries to conceal you two from me."

I huffed a sigh in relief once I knew that he was gone. "Great, what do we do now?" I asked Harry. "Snape wanted us to take that memory to the Pensieve and now Voldemort wants us to go to the Forbidden Forest."

"I don't know, Max," he answered. "We'll have to figure something out soon, though. We can't leave him out in the forest forever."

"Let's go back to the castle before you two decide on anything," Ron told us.

The four of us went back to the castle, the walk being silent. I found that odd, especially with all of the fighting that was going on before we eavesdropped on Voldemort and Snape. When we got to the front of the castle, no one was in sight.

"Where is everybody?" Hermione questioned.

We went inside and heard the sounds of people coming from the Great Hall. Ron was about to open the doors, but he stopped and turned at us. "Ready?

The three of us nodded our heads and watched as Ron opened the doors and led us inside the Great Hall.

A/N: Hi!

Sorry for the slow updates. I just finished a project in Psychology and my teacher gave us ANOTHER ONE. Like, we're not even reviewing. But exams are next week and then the week after that I'm graduating! Then after that, I'll be gone until July 1st.

So what did you think of this chapter? Sad, isn't it? Well, it's going to get even more sad.

Comment, vote, and get ready for the tissues. Love y'all! :D

-A