Chapter 6 ~ The Devil's Lair

The Ministry of Magic was the one place we wanted to avoid now that Voldemort basically ran the Wizarding world. But in order to get rid of him for good, we needed that locket. So the four of us came to the only option we had: We were going to infiltrate the Ministry of Magic by using Polyjuice Potion.

"Okay, we need to figure out who we're disguising as if we don't want to get caught," Harry said.

"I was thinking one of us should disguise ourselves as one of the high-ranked employees," I suggested. "There's no doubt that Umbridge is one of them."

"Who are some people at the Ministry of Magic that work closely with Umbridge?" Harry asked.

Through some research, we managed to find out who was employed at the Ministry of Magic, scanning the different names and ranks.

"There's Albert Runcorn. He investigates all the Muggle-borns now," Ron said. "I guess You-Know-Who made some new rules now that he's taken over the Ministry."

"I'll be him, then," Harry spoke up. "Who else?"

"There's Mafalda Hopkirk," Ron said. "She's practically Umbridge's assistant now that Umbridge is head of the Improper Use of Magic Office."

"I'll go in as her," Hermione said. "I might be able to get the locket if she has it with her."

"I'll go in as Reginald Cattermole," Ron added. "He works in the Magical Maintenance Department."

"Okay, and what about you, Max?" Harry questioned.

"I'll go in as Wakanda Hightop. She works in the Department of Magical Law Enforcement," I told the others.

"Oh, I've heard of her! Dad thinks she's a lunatic," Ron said.

"That's nice to know," I muttered under my breath. "But I have to be careful, though. Yaxley runs that department now and I know that he's a loyal Death Eater."

We all nodded our head in agreement to the plan.

"Alright, so all we need to do is make the potion itself, which takes a month to do," Harry explained.

"We need to get the ingredients for it," Hermione spoke up. "We'll have to go to Diagon Alley. Are we ready to do this, guys?"

The others nodded their heads in agreement.

"Let's get started," Harry said.

*******

A month had gone by and we were ready to enter the Ministry of Magic. All we needed was the hairs of everyone we were impersonating. We hid close by the Ministry of Magic and waited for all four adults to walk by us. Once they were knocked out, Hermione grabbed a strand of hair from each of them and dropped them in our individual vials of Polyjuice Potion.

"Right, remember what we said. Don't speak to anyone unless absolutely necessary," she reminded us, handing our vials to us. "Just try and act normal. Do what everyone else is doing. If we do that, then with a bit of luck, we'll be able to get inside. Then after that--"

"It gets really tricky," Harry finished for her.

"Correct," Hermione added, nodding her head in agreement.

Harry shook his head. "This is completely mental," he said.

"Yes, completely mental," Hermione agreed.

"The world's mental," Ron added. "Come on, we've got a Horcrux to find."

After we consumed that shitty potion, the four of us changed into the adult's clothes and headed for the entrance to the Ministry of Magic, which was through the restrooms. Hermione and I had to part with the boys until we got inside the Ministry. According to Hermione, we had to flush ourselves to get inside.