Chapter 15 ~ True Feelings on Parchment

Ever since Dobby died, no sign of happiness was shown in the house.

Fleur had been helping Hermione after she had been tortured by Bellatrix back at Malfoy Manor, Ron was always talking to Bill, Harry was always sitting on the beach, Luna explored around the house a lot, and I stayed up in the room that I was sleeping in, looking out the window, thinking about Draco.

I didn't even look at the letter he gave to me when I was at Malfoy Manor a couple of days ago. I wanted to open it, but I wasn't sure if I should. To be honest, I was scared to open it. I took the letter out of my pocket and stared at it. Why was opening a letter so hard to do?

Suddenly, I heard a knock on the door.

"It's open!" I called out to whoever was there.

I saw someone with blonde hair enter the room. "Hello, Max," Luna greeted me.

"Hi, Luna," I said as she sat down beside me by the window.

"What do you have in your hand?" she asked me, pointing at the letter.

"Oh, it's just a letter," I replied.

"Is it from Draco?"

I gave her a confused look. "How did you--"

"Your brother told me."

I shook my head. "Of course," I muttered.

"It's nothing to be ashamed of," she told me. "Draco Malfoy isn't a bad person, you know."

"I know."

"So what's the matter?"

I sighed, shrugging my shoulders. "I don't know. I guess I'm just too scared to open this letter from him."

"Well, you shouldn't be scared," Luna said. "I don't think Draco wants you to be scared."

She had a point there. "I guess you're right," I said.

With that, Luna smiled at me, and I smiled back at her. Then, she left the room, closing the door behind her. She was a sweet person to be around. Even though she was a bit weird, that was what made her so unique.

I stared at the letter before finally getting the courage to open it. I threw the envelope on the floor, unfolded the piece of parchment, and began to read the letter.

My beautiful Maxine,

First off, I'm sorry for putting Maxine instead of Max. I know you like Max better than your real name, but I've always liked Maxine.

There hasn't been a day that's gone by where I don't think about you. I miss you so much. I miss the feeling of pure bliss and happiness when you were around me. I've always wanted to feel that way with someone. I'm glad that someone is you.

I know what I did to you at home and at Hogwarts was a mistake. You weren't just some snobby teenager who came to live with us when you were just a baby. You were so much more than that. I wanted to be nice to you after that, but it was hard with my friends and family hating you. I felt like I had to hate you as well. So I tried pushing away my feelings for you and I also did my best to be mean to you whenever I saw you at Hogwarts.

But the summer between fifth year and sixth year changed everything for me. At the end of that summer, I got the Dark Mark on my arm. I was a Death Eater, even though I never wanted to be one in the first place. I was dreading for the end of the summer to come, but you being around made me get my mind off things. You helped me a lot that summer. I thought things between us had changed for the better, but then I was given the mission to fix the Vanishing Cabinet and to kill Dumbledore that year. I was the reason why the Death Eaters got inside the castle. I let them in that night.

I know what I did in the past was wrong, but I can't fix it. I have to move on, and I want you to move on with me. I can't imagine a life without you in it. When I met you for the first time as a kid, my father didn't want me to be around you. I thought he was doing me a favor at the time, but he was wrong. You're nothing like what he told me all those years ago. You are so strong and so beautiful. You've grown so much over the years.

I don't want you to hate me after everything that I've done in the past. After all we've been through, I know that we'll always be together. I'll give you passion and security. In a way, Gatsby could give Daisy both of those things, if he had really tried.

So I'll try to give you both. I want to give you both. I'll be your Gatsby. Just as long as you'll be my Daisy.

Thank you for everything you've done for me, Max. Words can't express how much you mean to me. No matter what happens, I'll always be with you. Never forget that.

Love always,

Draco

I was crying as I was reading the letter. But after I finished reading it and placed it on my lap, I was a wreck.

I never realized how much Draco cared about me. Even when we were kids and throughout our years at Hogwarts, I thought he was just a git who liked to pick on me. I knew most of the stuff that he told me in the letter, but I didn't realize all the reasons that were behind all of his actions. Everything that he did was because of me.

I got up and placed the letter on my bed and left the room. I went over to Hermione's room and knocked on the door.

"Come in!" she yelled from the inside of her room.

I opened the door and slid inside her room, closing the door behind me. "Hey," I said.

"Hey," she said back, closing her book and placing it on the nightstand beside her. "Are you alright?"

"I, uh..." I started to say. "I just need one of my best friends right now."

Hermione gave me a sympathetic look and scooted over so that I had room to sit on the bed. I went over to her and rested my head on her chest. She didn't ask any questions about what was wrong. She just wrapped her arms around me and let me cry. She knew I was crying over Draco. The thing about best friends was that they knew what was wrong without even asking. Hermione was smart, so I knew she already figured it out that Draco was the reason I was crying.

I continued to cry until I couldn't cry anymore. After that, I fell asleep in Hermione's arms, thinking about Draco.

A/N: Hiiii!

Well, that was somewhat sad, don't you think?

Soo, I have to go back to school tomorrow. :p So me trying to find time to write will be happening again, unfortunately. But the good new is that I have 2 months until I graduate! :D

Song on the side is Turning Page by Sleeping At Last. XD

If you're reading this, tell me how you managed to find Double Trouble on Wattpad! :D

Comment, vote, Draaaaax! <3

-A