While stuffing his trunk out of the way, he heard the compartment door click open.

"Harry, mate, could you help me get this bloody trunk to stop falling?" He asked.

"Why didn't you just shrink it?"

Wait a bloody minute - that's not Harry. Ron spun around quickly and let go of the trunk, immediately causing it to fall back down.

"Should I..." Blaise trailed off, hoping his question was obvious enough for the red head.

"Please" Ron muttered.

Out of all people I just had to get stuck with Blaise Zabini. Ron groaned to himself as Blaise sat the trunk down.

"You should really shrink your luggage" Blaise stated amused. "It helps avoid situations like... This"

"Yeah yeah" Ron whined and slumped down onto the seat. "Why aren't you with Pansy and The Git?"

"Couldn't find them" he shrugged; completely ignoring the fact that Ron had just insulted his best friend. "What about you?"

"Same"

The compartment fell into a rather uncomfortable silence for a while. Neither of them wanted to talk to the other; what exactly were they supposed to say?

"I-" Before Ron could start the conversation, the door opened once again. This time revealing a very calm Luna and a flustered Neville.

"Hey, Ron. Mind if we join you? The other compartments have filled up" Luna said in her dreamy voice.

"Yeah, sure"

She smiled and stepped inside, Neville following close behind.

"So... What are you two talking about?" Neville asked awkwardly.

"Nothing" Blaise stated dryly.

"Have you seen the latest issue of Quibbler?" Luna asked, trying to start a non-awkward conversation.

The rest of the train ride was filled with pointless chatting and jokes. Occasionally Ron would steal a glance when he thought Blaise wasn't looking, coincidentally, Blaise would do the same.

When the train finally came to a stop everyone gathered their trunks and headed towards the exit.

"Hey, thanks for helping me with my trunk by the way" Ron smiled before making his way towards Harry and Hermione.

"There you are!" Hermione chirped and pulled Ron in for a hug. "I was worried you had missed the ride or something"

"No... I couldn't find you guys so I just settled with another compartment" he explained before Hermione finally let go. "Hey, Harry"

"Hey..."

***

"I swear that speech gets longer and longer each term" Draco stated once the feast had commenced.

Blaise let out a throaty chuckle and let his eyes trail across the great hall.

"Yo, Blaise!?" Pansy yelled while snapping her finger infront of him.

"W-what?" He stuttered once reality finally caught up with him.

"Are you alright? Why are you staring at the Weasel?" Pansy asked and looked over to the Gryffindor table.

Blaise's eyes widened slightly. He didn't even notice he was staring at him. "Um..."

Meanwhile with Ron