Chapter 23

A/n before I start. This book won't be ending for quite some time, but I do have another book with Emily and everyone in the cast! It's basically where two of my friends and I made a joint account and a joint book with our ocs from our adopted by broadway books! There are 5 adopted kids in total, and two of them are mine! (One's book isn't out yet, I'm working on it.) It takes place in 2021, so Emily will be 14, almost 15. Another cool thing is that we only write for our ocs, so say one person's oc talks to mine, they write for their oc and I write for mine! Okay, I'm done fangirling, the account will be in the comments! Love you guys!

"Do you wanna meet my family? It's just the Heathers cast," Catlynn asked me.

"Are you kidding? Of course!" I exclaimed.  "That would be amazing!"

"You should stay over tonight, it would be so much fun!" She said, and I smiled to hide my panic. I didn't like being away from Alex for long periods of time, but I knew that this was one of my dreams, so I agreed. Catlynn went to talk to Elle while I packed.

Alex appeared in my doorway, looking at me, then saying, "You can FaceTime me whenever. You know I'll answer you."

"I know, it's just....you were gone for so long. I didn't think you were coming back," I started crying. "I hate being away from you. It's like when I come back you'll be gone." Alex hugged me.

"Shhh, I'll always be here. Don't worry, okay, kiddo? You can have me pick you up if you need me to. I'm not gonna leave again. Now, go have fun with Cat. You haven't seen her in years."

"Okay," I nodded, quickly hugged him again, and got my things. I walked into the living room, where Jenny was standing with Cat and Elle. 

"Ready to go?" Elle asked, then noticed my red eyes. "Hey, are you okay? You don't have to come if you don't want to."

"No, I want to go. It's just my anxiety, I'll be fine."

"Well, I can bring you back whenever you want, just ask me," Elle said, and I nodded. I hugged Jenny, saying my goodbyes and leaving with Elle and Cat.

"You're gonna love everyone!" Cat gushed, "Jessica is like, the best in my opinion. And Ryan-"

"Sunshine, she can meet them when we get there. She's probably overwhelmed." Elle said from the front seat.

"Oh, yeah. Sorry about that. I just really love all of them."

"I bet," I said. "It's like me and the Beetlejuice cast, I'm close with all of them."

"Exactly!" Cat said as we pulled up to her house. We walked in and I immediately noticed many people walking around her house.

"Is that your crush, Cat?" Evan asked, smirking.

"Ew, no! She's my biological sister." Catlynn laughed. "Everyone, meet Emily!"

I waved shyly and I got many hellos. Barrett came up to me and said, "Weren't you in Spelling Bee with Cat a few years ago?"

"Yeah, but she didn't know I was her sister then." I said, and Barrett nodded. 

"Alright, it's late, you girls need sleep, especially Sunshine." Elle said, laughing.

"Mom!" Cat said, blushing. We settled in, and Elle wished us goodnight.

There was no way we were going to sleep.

 A/n yes, it's short, but I've been busy all day. Love you all!