Chapter 15

I walked into Alex's room, not finding him. I sighed, walking across the hall to Rob's room. Rob was in there, talking to Kerry. I knocked on the open door, and they looked up at me.

"Do you guys know where Alex is?" I asked, leaning my head on the doorframe. They shook their heads.

"I don't, but he's probably practicing a bit for the Tony's, they are in two days." Kerry pointed out.

"Oh, that's right! I completely forgot! I'll be watching it from my apartment probably." I exclaimed. Kerry and Rob exchanged looks.

"I thought you were going to be sitting with us?" Rob said, confused.

"I haven't been told that, but I'll ask Alex if I ever find him!" I waved as I walked away.

I was walking down the hallway (minding my business I might add) when Leslie comes into the hall, so happy she looks like she's on crack (for legal reasons that was a joke)

"Omigod you guys!" Leslie said, laughing.

"What?" I said, smiling.

"I'm going to be doing an 8 week vlog for Broadway. com!"

"Oh my gosh! That's amazing! What's it gonna be called?"

"I think I'm going to name it 'Seize The Day-o'"

"That sounds like a good name!" I said. "I know this is random, but have you seen Alex?"

"I haven't, but he might be with Sophia."

"Thanks!"

I walked away, and felt a bit guilty. I felt like I was blowing everyone off, but I felt uneasy when I was away from Alex.

After walking around for a bit, I still couldn't find him, so I decided to just wait in his room until he came back. I checked the time. 7:15. He should be coming soon, his makeup takes awhile, and he also has to get in costume, etc. After 10 more minutes, he still hadn't come. I got a bit worried. I decided to call him.

No answer.

Again.

Straight to voicemail.

One more time.

Nothing.

I called Jenny.

"This is Jenny!"

"Jenny! Do you-"

"I'm sorry I can't answer the phone now-"

I hung up, and started to cry. I got up, and walked to Kerry's room. I was closest to her and Presley, but Kerry was more of a mom figure than Presley.

"Kerry?" I said, knocking on the door. Kerry opened it, and saw me crying. She put her arms out, and I fell into them.

"Baby, what's wrong?" She asked, worried.

"A-Alex and Jenny w-won't answer the phone, it keeps going to voicemail, and I can't find them!" I said, trying to hold back tears but failing.

"Hey, it'll be okay. Alex wasn't in his room?"

"No, I was in there for over 10 minutes, and he didn't come, and I know it takes longer for him to get ready than everyone else."

"Come in my room, and sit down. I'll call Will and Kim, hopefully they can go on." Kerry said, and I sat down, still crying. Kerry talked on the phone for a few minutes, and then Kim and Will came in.

"Can you guys go on tonight? We can't find Alex, and Jenny won't answer the phone, so I'm going to stay with Em. If it's alright, of course."

"Oh, of course!" They both said, and went to get ready. Kerry turned to me.

"Do you want to stay in here?" She asked.

"Can we sit in Alex's room?"

"Sure!" Kerry said, and walked with me to Alex's room. I sat down on the couch, and Kerry sat on a chair, texting a few people, probably about Alex. After a bit, she sighed.

"Nobody's seen him." Kerry said, frowning.

"He walked into the theater with me!" I exclaimed, crying again.

"Did you stick with him?"

"No, I went to talk to Presley."

"Well, were you side by side?"

I thought about it. "No, he was behind me. Maybe he didn't even walk in."

"Well, we'll have to talk to people during intermission." Kerry said. "Is it okay if I go? It's almost intermission, I'll get everyone to meet us on stage."

I nodded, pulling my knees to my chest as Kerry walked away.

What if it was my fault?

I pushed that thought away as Presley came in.

"Kerry said to come get you and go to the stage, is everything alright?"

I shook my head, getting up.

"I didn't think so. If you have somebody go on for you, you aren't supposed to be here." Presley said as we made our way onstage. We were the last ones there, so Kerry stepped on the table so everyone could see her.

"My first question is has anyone seen Alex Brightman?"

Nobody said yes, everyone either shook their head or said no.

"Well, nobody can find him, or his wife, Jenny. They won't answer the phone, and they're locations say "no location found" when we search for them. We're doing everything we can to find them, but we need to figure out what to do with Em. Is anyone willing to stay overnight here with her?"

Leslie and Presley raised their hands.

"Presley, you have school."

"Does it look like I care?" Presley said, and nobody said anything else about it.

"Anyone else?"

Rob raised his hand.

"So Leslie, Rob, and Presley will stay here. Okay everyone, if you find Alex, call me immediately. If he isn't found by tomorrow morning, I will call the police. I'll see you guys after the show." Kerry said, and everyone walked offstage.

I walked into Alex's room again, and sat down on the couch, putting my head on the armrest. Nobody came in for the rest of the show, but Presley came in after the bows.

"Are you hungry?" She asked.

"Not really."

"We'll find him, you know that." Presley sat down in a chair.

"What if we don't? Alex and Jenny are the first people that have loved me in a long time, and I might lose them."

"I'll make sure that we find them."

"You're a 15 year old girl." I pointed out.

"And I have been in two broadway shows, I have at least a few connections. I promise you, we'll find them."

"I hope you're right."

Please don't kill me. Also, it's Kerry's birthday, so happy birthday to her.