Chapter 2

"Hi guys! Thank you for having me!" Sophia said, smiling. I don't smile much, but I was smiling now. I couldn't believe that the Sophia Anne Caruso was in my school, out of hundreds of schools in New York City. 

I looked around, and most people either weren't paying attention or they looked like they didn't know who she is. That's sad, really. Sophia didn't seem bothered, though. I realized I was wearing my Beetlejuice shirt, so that was cool.

"If you don't know who I am, my name is Sophia Anne Caruso, and I play Lydia Deetz in Beetlejuice: The Musical! I'm going to sing one song that made it on Broadway, and one song that was cut, and then I'll answer some questions!" She said, and got on her phone, looking up music.

When she found the music, she started singing.

"Hey mom, dead mom, I need a little help here." She sang, and she was so amazing. This wasn't my favorite song on the album, but it was amazing nonetheless. I think everyone was blown away when she sang, "'Cause daddy's in denial, daddy doesn't wanna feel!"

When she was done, everyone clapped. She smiled, got on her phone, and pulled up more music. When everyone stopped clapping, she started singing.

"Mama would take her foot off the gas on the way back home, on the way back home from school."

I started crying, this was just so amazing. I was in the first row, so Sophia could see me. She looked at me and smiled. When she was done, everyone stood up and clapped.

"Thank you guys! Now, I see a girl in the front row with a Beetlejuice shirt on, will she please come up here?" Sophia said. I couldn't believe it, but I walked on stage and walked to Sophia. She hugged me.

"Hi! What's your name?" She said.

"My name is Em." I said. "You're so amazing, I can't believe you came to my school, of all places!"

"Well, I'm happy to be here! How old are you, and when did you see the show?"

"I'm 13, and I saw the show opening night! I watched the movie growing up, and have been following the musical since the D.C. run!'

"That's amazing! Well, I have to answer other questions, but thank you for coming up here with me!" Sophia said.

"Any time!" I said, smiling. But before I got off stage, Sophia whispered in my ear.

"Meet me in front of the Winter Garden after school, okay?" She whispered. I nodded, and walked off-stage. I sat down in my seat while people asked her questions.

When it was over, we went back to class. It was a slow day, and we didn't have much to do, since it was one of the last days before summer vacation. A group of kids took my lunch like normal, nothing different there. My "parents" don't give me lunch money, and I have to buy my own food.

The clock ticks slowly, but maybe that's because I'm watching too much. What does Sophia want to talk about? The bell rings for the end of the day, and I fly out the door and go to my locker. I put my stuff away and walk out of the school. There was a light breeze, it felt nice. I was one of the first people out of the school so nobody was in my way. I got on my bike and rode to the Winter Garden. When I got close, Sophia walked out. I got off my bike and leaned it against the theater.

"You wanted to meet me here?" I said.