Chapter 3

Can someone please tell me why I'm just finding out about girl in red? Actually someone needs to tell me to stop listening to girls over and over without pause.

"Yeah, I was hoping you didn't mind. Did you have plans?" Sophia asked.

"My plans were to stay out of the house for awhile, but no, I didn't." I said.

"Well, if you don't mind me asking, where did you get those bruises?"

I opened my mouth, then closed it. "I just fell." I said, but I'm a terrible liar.

"You can tell me anything." She said.

I looked around. "Can I tell you inside?"

"Of course!" She led me inside and to her dressing room. We both sat down. I looked at my hands.

"My 'parents' hit me when they're drunk, which is all the time. It's punches, kicks, and having things thrown at me." I said, starting to cry silently. Sophia got up and hugged me. 

"Hey, it's gonna be okay. Can I tell some people?" She asked. I nodded.

"I've been wanting to tell someone, but the kids at school do the same thing, so I can't look to them for help." I said. Sophia nodded.

"I'm going to go get some people, I'll be back, stay here." I nodded, and she left. I got on my phone, and started to listen to music. I take singing lessons, and I use my own money. My mom got me into it, and I was going to audition for Broadway, but then she died, and I couldn't anymore.

My playlist was a mix of Twenty One Pilots and showtunes. I sung along quietly. After about 5 minutes, Defying Gravity came on. I sang a little louder, and I guess someone heard me. 

"Wow, you're amazing!" I looked over, and Presley Ryan was standing next to me. I smiled.

"Hello, I'm Em. Sophia brought me in here, I promise that I'm not trespassing." I said, and she laughed. We talked for a bit until Sophia came in with Alex Brightman and an officer. Presley looked confused and left the room.

"Hi, Em. I'm Officer Smith, can you tell me about what happens at home?" The officer said. I told her while she took notes.

"Do they say why they do this?" She asked. I looked down.

"They say they do it because I'm a lesbian." I said quietly. Officer Smith asked me a few more questions and then took Alex and Sophia out of the room. I started to listen to music again.

After a little Sophia came in.

"You're staying with me tonight. Let's get your stuff." She said.

Sorry it's short but another chapter will be out soon. Someone tell me to stop listening to girl in red.