Chapter 40- a shift, a change

Start from the beginning

There was something about her that just invited me to want to grow close to her, to want to shower her with the easy casual tactile comfort I gave to others, simply because I wanted to. Wanted to see her always smile.

Always silently drifted to her when I was trying a new recipe, or contemplating baking. Wondering how adorable she'd look flitting about the kitchen, how she'd have that look of cute determined focus.

And made me excitedly anticipate our next baking lesson.

-----
I wave goodbye to Yoongi, departing with a warning to be home at a reasonable time today or he'll be denied cuddles from any of us. I see him nod- trying and failing to hide his sweet smile as he turns to serve a customer.

But rather than heading home I head over to Tae's studio, to check up on him and see how he's getting on.

"Tae-ah." I call as I tap on the door to his personal studio, waiting for his affirming 'come in hyung' in his deep voice before I type in the pin, opening the door as I head into the large spacious studio, having to stray further in to catch a glimpse of him. Sitting with his head bent over something on the table, computers lit up with different shots.

I head over, snaking my arms around his shoulders, leaning over- pressing a kiss to the side of his head, peering over him to see the prints lying on the table.

"New project?" I ask.

"Just trying to experiment with new equipment- seeing which lens and cameras work better with what shots." He says, hands fluttering over the glossy shots that lie on the large table, close shots of flowers, large shots capturing different parts of the day and even some of our house- different fragments of our rooms and us as we go about our daily life. They're all beautiful, there's no doubt about that.

"They all look great though." I say.

He laughs, a beautiful melodic sound.

"Hyung you're just biased." He teases, eyes finally meeting mine- sparkling with warmth and affection.

"No way! They are!" I insist, even if he looks unconvinced. 

He stands up, moving away from the table he'd been pouring his attention and focus into, reaching over to hold my hand.

"I'll show you good photos hyung." He says, leading me over to a corner where there is a pile of photos spread out across. They're all captured moments of Tae smiling and looking into the camera, ranging from deep penetrative stares that seem to bore into the lens and ones where they appear to be candidly shot, snippets of Tae as the person he is, the person we love. Smiling as he peers up at the sky, pointing animatedly to something, head turned to shoot the person behind the camera a bright smile.

He's right- they are beautiful. Beautiful snapshots and moments of Tae being captured through a camera, he looks at the person behind the camera with a look of fondness, sweetness, and gentleness- it's the look you give to someone close, someone who means a lot to you.

"Who was behind the camera?" I ask, leaning forward to pick one up, smiling fondly at the brightness that Tae exudes in the photo, clothes of a vintage style yet suiting and matching him so well as if they'd been designed with him in mind.

"(Y/N)! These are the first set of photos she took of me. She's really talented isn't she?" he asks, tugging my hand and looking at me with bright animated eyes.

I nod.

"She really is, she's captured you beautifully." I murmur.

There's something real and natural and simplistic about her style- but something that is still captivating, managing to make Tae the highlight, the focus of each photo- the setting merely a background there to help bolster the ambience she photographs.